Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 27, 2022, 04:05 PM
    From Wikipedia --
    QAnon[a] (/ˈkjuː.əˌnɒn/) is an American political conspiracy theory and political movement. It originated in the American far-right political sphere in 2017. QAnon centers on false claims made by an anonymous individual or individuals known as "Q". Those claims have been relayed, developed and supplemented by numerous communities and influencers associated with the movement. The core QAnon theory is that a cabal of Satanic,[1][2][3] cannibalistic sexual abusers of children operating a global child sex trafficking ring conspired against former U.S. President Donald Trump during his term in office.[7]

Trump supporters – many of them QAnon followers – attacked the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021. The Capitol attack was a watershed moment for QAnon and led to a further, more sustained social media crackdown on the movement and its claims.[55][56]

Multiple surveys have found that conspiracy theories such as QAnon are most popular among white Americans, especially evangelicals.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2022, 06:10 PM
    So where in there does it say that QAnon is a white supremacist organization?

Why did you leave this out? "QAnon is described as antisemitic or rooted in antisemitic tropes, due to its fixation on Jewish financier George Soros and conspiracy theories about the Rothschild family, a frequent target of antisemites."
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2022, 07:56 PM
    I view QAnon as being on about the same level as BLM except that BLM has been responsible for a great deal more violence and seems to be far better financed, but we'd be much better off without both of them.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2022, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    human life is not a clump of cells .
    I agree. A zygote, being a clump of cells, is definitely not human life.

The science says human life begins at conception.
    Simply not true. SOME scientists say that, which is more a reflection of their religious stance than their science. Equally, SOME scientists say the opposite - also a religious belief stance. The best scientists - middle-ground scientists - say the question is not a scientific one. It is essentially a philosophical question that does not lend itself to the empirical scientific method.

For all the scientific opinions you listed that are against abortion, I can list an equal number that are pro-choice.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2022, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Multiple surveys have found that conspiracy theories such as QAnon are most popular among white Americans, especially evangelicals.
    True. The white evangelical worldview fits right in to the QAnon conspiratorial worldview. They both rely on Satan as the mastermind at the root of evil and conspiracy theories. Trump supports both camps. Not because he has any religious beliefs - he has none - but because they are the core group of his support.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2022, 04:21 PM
    And now the Oath Keepers are on the march.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2022, 07:33 PM
    As is usually the case, this will not be answered. "So where in there does it say that QAnon is a white supremacist organization?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2022, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    As is usually the case, this will not be answered. "So where in there does it say that QAnon is a white supremacist organization?"
    Nowhere. But look at them. What do you see? Listen to them. What do you hear?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2022, 07:44 PM
    I don't waste my time with them, so I can't say. They just seem to be a relatively small fringe group to me. It might very well be true, but the article doesn't lead that way. Of course it also seems possible that BLM is a black supremacist group. I'm not a fan of any organization that focuses on a particular race. It just seems terribly divisive to me.

I do appreciate the forthright answer.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2022, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Nowhere. But look at them. What do you see? Listen to them. What do you hear?
    Excellent point.

Those who speak and don't know are always a danger and to be guarded against.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone here tried Insanity Workout? [ 0 Answers ]

I am in my 3 week of Insanity, today I have my 15day Fit Test. Obviously I do not see any big changes, its only been 2 weeks, but I do feel better, and I am not doing the diet they give you, I am just watching what I eat, no pop, no fast food, eat smaller portions, water all day. I know they say...

Right Wing Insanity [ 187 Answers ]

Hello: A while back I heard that the candidate for governor of Florida was advocating drug testing for welfare recipients... I laughed and laughed and laughed... THAT stuff doesn't happen in THIS country... We have a Constitution, for crying out loud.. That guy will NEVER get elected... And,...

Insanity [ 3 Answers ]

How does one get an insane wife committed?

Government insanity [ 242 Answers ]

Ahhh... our ever-efficient government strikes again. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_sitter_backlash_mich A couple of questions. 1) Who is the schmuck that complained that his neighbor was watching other people's kids? I want to find that idiot and just...

Government Insanity, The Sequel [ 3 Answers ]

This one really makes me mad, after months of being told that everyone should get the H1N1 vaccine, now we are told that only "priority groups" will get their vaccine first. Some of these useful, productive citizens include Guantanamo Bay detainees and prisoners in British Columbia. Nice to see the...

View more questions Search