Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Oct 7, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Painful ribs.
    I am 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant and lately I have been having pain in my bottom ribcage on both sides. Anyone know what could be causing that? Or what I can do for the pain? It's not extreme pain just real annoying pain. I see my doctor in a couple of days, but was just wondering if anyone knows if there is anything I can do.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
    It's probably just the baby getting bigger and taking up more space.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, at about 6 months she started to lay sideways, her head under one side of my ribs and her feet under the other... it was really uncomfortable. I used to try to move her around to lay normal haha!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 05:00 PM
    It's just the baby getting bigger and pressure on the diaphragm. Usually this causes shortness of breath, and most likely will later on in your pregnancy.

Unfortunately, there is little you can do except for maybe some Tylenol if your doctor allows.
    amanda din Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 09:28 AM
    You do get pains there I did it the baby getting bigger
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 03:25 PM
    The position of the baby. The ribs will splay outwards towards the front at this point in your pregnancy. As the pregnancy progresses, it will move downwards and hopefully giveyou some relief..
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Oct 10, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Thanks everyone for answering. I appreciate it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful pregnancy! [ 2 Answers ]

Im 17 and 5 months pregnant! I have constant pain in my lower stomach ( right where the baby should be) and it hurts all the time... it rele hurts when I try to bend my body different ways even like to crack my back it just aches with pain? What's the deal you think? Is that normal? And I'm almost...

More painful? [ 2 Answers ]

So, is it more painful to get tatooed on the underside of your wrist or your neck than other parts of your body? Cause those are the places I want to be tatooed, but everyone tells me the pain hurt twice as much. I'm not afraid of the pain though, I was just curious!

Painful ending, why? [ 57 Answers ]

Entire story merged I'm 24 years old never married and had only a few relationships. I moved to Las Vegas almost 2 years ago on a pipe dream to be a professional poker player leaving behind my house, job and moved to a place where I didn't know anybody and had no family (I question this decision...

Bruised ribs--maybe worse? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the difference in feeling of having a bruised rib versus a separated or cracked one? I've been trying to find it on the internet but there isn't a lot of info on how to determine it. My boyfriend and brother both think it's just bruised and that I don't need to go to the hospital,...

Strike to ribs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been hit hard to the rib cage and could not move for 1st day, 3rd day still moving very slowly. Extreme pain in the back muscles rhomboid and serratus ? I am curious about all the sounds of popping and creaking going on around the left side of my rib cage from the front to the back. It...

View more questions Search