Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skohn78 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Seller defaulted
    I have just looked at my contract and realized that the seller of out contract for deed has defaulted by charging me interest on my "on-time" payments, when in our contract, it states that NO INTETREST will be taken out for "on-time" payments, and that the only time Interest will be taken out is when we are late paying the payments. He's in default now, correct, because he has taken Interest out when we have been on time with payments.
    :confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 06:47 PM
    He is not in default. Default would be the failure to pay on time. He just over charged you and apparently you were not aware of the no interest clause until now. Maybe he was no more aware than you. I think that both of you have made mistakes so you need to talk together about resolving the misunderstanding you both had.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Agreed, he is in violation of the terms, not in default.

You may ask him for the refund of thse funds and if he refuses you may use the terms of the contract to sue him in court for the money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going Crazy for Defaulted Schoo loan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a student who has a defaulted state college loan(perkins loan) from my last college I attended and the effect of these is that: ** My last college/university won't release my college transcripts to continue my college eduction to a new college **The federal student aid has refused to...

Private Seller [ 4 Answers ]

I recently sold a car to a guy who checked out the condition of the car and test drove it twice before purchasing. The car was in good working condition and the only thing that really needed to be done was having the ac recharged. Now after having the car for a week the guy is claiming there are...

Defaulted school Loan [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get over the problem of a defaulted student state (not federal) student loan which affects u from ever getting a federal loan and prevents you from continuing your education in the US until the loan's been paid off even though you haven't gotten your college degree yet.

Plumbing issues -seller had to know! [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I purchased our first home in Indianapolis, In in May of this year (2005). After living there for 3 weeks, water from the shower and washer started backing up on the basement floor from the drain. Called a plumber, he came out and pulled massive amounts of roots from main sewer line...

View more questions Search