Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patimat2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Can a 19 years old ful time student file for child support , state New York
    Can a 19 years old college student file for child support , state New York?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 08:54 PM

Child support from whom?
    patimat2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Child support from his father.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2010, 10:03 PM

No.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 29, 2010, 06:21 AM

I'm confused - does the 19 year old have a child and wants to collect child support from the CHILD'S father OR does a 19 year old want to file for support from her OWN father?

Yes, the person can file for support for her child; no, a person cannot file for support from her father. The custodial parent can file to collect on behalf of the 19 year old from the 19 year old's father.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 07:15 AM

If you are the child and want to collect support for yourself, you can't, only the child's mother or other guardian can go after the father, the child can not claim for thierself

If you are 19 and have a child, yes you can go after the father of your child for support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my child a student have to file ca state tax return [ 1 Answers ]

A college student made 6,000 dollars in 2009 do I have to file a Ca state tax return? My parents claim me as a dependent.

Child Support in New York State [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters boyfriend decided that he didn't want to be a father to their 2 childern, ages 4 months and 3 years, anymore. He refuses to move out of their section 8 apartment and she can't make him move because he's on the lease. He refuses to give her any money to buy diapers and other essentials...

New York State Increase in Child Support [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My ex & I separated in April 2001. She & I had one child (daughter) plus I had custody of my son from previous marriage. When we separated my son moved out with me and my daughter stayed with her mother thus both of us become single parents. She & I earned more than $80,000...

New york state child support [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old child with my ex huband. I am in court trying to get a cost of living adjustment(havent had on in 12 years). His attorney is arguing that the order that stands before the court for his other child (younger) should be taking into effect before they give my son his adjustment....

New york state child support [ 15 Answers ]

If I want to file a modification for increased child support in NYS, since I have never had an increase in 9 years. What do I have to list on my paperwork since a money figure was given on the original divorce papers not a percentage of his salary.

View more questions Search