Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wendell111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 06:50 AM
    How to word the wedding invite when grooms parents aren't contributing
    We have a sticky situation. We need suggested wedding invititation wording for when the brides father is deceased, and the grooms parents are not contributing to the wedding, but the bride and groom, and the mother of the bride are. The Grooms parents will be insulted if they are not listed on the invitation. We have noticed there are no samples for this scenario, and the bride also wants to know if it is appropriate to list her father in some capacity.

Thanks.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 07:00 AM

I would word it the same as if they were contributing to the wedding. If you don't it would create hostility. Not a nice way to start a new life
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 07:06 AM

Hello W:

I had no idea who you invite to a wedding had any connection with who paid for the wedding... I STILL don't have that idea.

Maybe some people who've actually HAD a wedding should answer. I haven't... But, if the rules you cite are the REAL rules, it's NO wonder I never had a wedding.

excon
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 10:18 AM

I just found this - it sounds pretty good, and the fact that the bride and her mother are introduced first shows who is "throwing" the wedding. Example:

Michelle Taylor
    Daughter of Mrs. Sarah Taylor and the late Mr.Taylor
    And
    John Parker
    Son of Mr. and Mrs. Donald Parker
    Request the honour of your
    Presence at their marriage
    Saturday, the first of March
    Two thousand fourteen
    At half past two o'clock in the afternoon
    Victorian Gardens
    1564 Lane Street
    Austin, Texas 35984
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 10:30 AM

I just put in the above example, and I was thinking about it -normally, the Grooms parents don't contribute. Traditionally, the Grooms parents handle the rehearsal dinner - and the grooms tux, of course. You might be able to just use a traditional wedding invitation - one that aknowledges that the brides father is deceased. How important is it that the guests are aware that you are contributing as well? If you want to make that apparent in the invitations, a traditional one might not work - maybe the example in the above post might work...
    The D-Tales Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2009, 08:42 AM

The Groom's parents are not normally part of the wedding financial contributors. They usuallyy are responsible for the Rehearsal Dinner. Traditional wording applies to this, where the Brides family (the hosts of the event) invites the guests and the groom's parents are not listed on the invitation.

Most of the invitation companies will give you some options that are standard. If I can offer any more advice, don't hesitate to reach out to me. :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bachelor Party Vs Wedding Invite [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All- I was invited to an old friends "destination" bachelor party in Costa Rica. He was my roommate from 04-06 and we were close. After he meet his now fiancé, he moved out and shunned most of his friends for her. The wedding is in August and I was not invited. He snubbed several of...

Seating of parents at wedding & reception [ 3 Answers ]

My stepson is getting married next month. I was wondering how the seating should be for myself ( stepmom) and my husband ( father of groom ) and grooms mother and her lady friend. The bride has asked that the grooms mother's friend not sit in the front of the church nor at the parents table at the...

Save the date card but no invite to wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I received a save the date card for a wedding 6 months ago. The wedding is in 3 weeks and have not received an invitation. What should I do?:confused:

Grooms Divorced Parents [ 7 Answers ]

I have read a lot about the divorced parents for the Bride. What about the proper etiquette for the grooms divorced parents who don't care for each other? The father and stepmother of the groom are out of the loop. Their daughter together is in the wedding, so any information is coming from her....

Wedding Ettiquette for Divorced Parents [ 3 Answers ]

All the information I have found re: wedding etiquette for divorced parents is about the BRIDE'S parents. What about the groom's parents? My friend's son is getting married in Aug. She is in the middle of a very difficult process of divorce and is definitely not on speaking terms with her...

View more questions Search