Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jord10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Revolutionary war
    It is imprtant for armies to have "game plans" so they can work together on different fronts at the same time. Why didn't that work for german's plans?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 09:21 AM
    You are correct that there must be a 'game plan' to coordinate war.
    You wrote: "why didn't that work for german's plans?" What are you asking about? Your topic says "Revolutionary War".
    thischarmingman Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2008, 09:23 AM
    I think you find that the Germans were master tacticians in every way, only when Hitler decided to interfere and control military master plans did they crumble enough for the allies to have a chance!
    tang_cousinz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 03:31 PM
    If you are talking about the Revolutionary War... then, the german's were hired by the British and they weren't treated even like human beens. They had to listen to anyone above there ranks.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 13, 2008, 11:26 PM
    No matter what war you are talking about, having a plan is only one factor. You also must have such things as intelligence concerning the enemy, resources to put the plan into operation, and the will to carry the fight to the finish.
    follow please Posts: 64, Reputation: -1

Jan 19, 2009, 08:27 PM

I am in no way a supporter of Nazism, but you are very wrong thischarmingman. Hitler was in fact a very, very smart man, he just applied his intellect to the wrong cause and let his psychosis determine the outcome of his military life. The only reason why the Allies had a chance was because Hitler had made the same mistake that Napoleon did hundreds of years earlier, he reached Dunkirk I think it was, and decided to attack Russia instead (in winter nonetheless). This mistake seriously damaged hitlers army, and demorilizing the troops. And with this decision, he split his army to create a two-front war in which he's fighting battles from either side. He was stuck in a hostile sandwich, and was eaten alive.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jan 20, 2009, 02:03 AM

The allies also "had a chance" because of the vast resources and production power of the United States, not to mention the fact that many of his top scientists fled the country. Hitler also disregarded the advise of his top generals and it got to the point that he simply did not believe (or would not accept) what was being told to him and that people were afraid to bring him bad news. There were many other factors that caused his defeat as well, such as the poor quality of war materials produced by people who were forced into slave labor and starved to death as they attempted to work.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 20, 2009, 05:51 PM

AGAIN why is the title of the question "Revolutionary War"?
    follow please Posts: 64, Reputation: -1

Jan 20, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyYakker View Post
    AGAIN why is the title of the question "Revolutionary War"?
    Because if the Germans HAD succeeded they would have gained control of nearly the entire planet. There would be a global revolution on how things were run (and the world would be under a single government). Therefore, if the germans had won, it would have been a revolutionary war.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 20, 2009, 06:51 PM

Uh, OK , maybe... but I was actually asking jord 10. Jord, is follow please correct? Is that why you have the title for the question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revolutionary war [ 2 Answers ]

I have a speech due for my college class and was wondering if you could tell me where I could maybe conduct an interview with someone who knew a lot about the revolutionary war. I don't know where to begin but I would appreciate any feedback. Daughters of the american revolution? Thanks

Revolutionary war [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following question. Were the promises of the Revolutionary War fulfilled in its aftermath, specifically during the period from 1789-1828? To what degree had society and politics changed?

View more questions Search