Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vconfusedperson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2018, 09:05 AM
    Choosing uni degree
    I am a 20 years old who already quit university twice
    Im always stressed out about choosing the right major. I got accepted to double major in Psychology and English. ( that way I had a backup plan in case I don't like Psychology)
    Then I got accepted to an excellence program in psychology and philosophy ( better chances for an MA in Psychology, but not quite sure I can benefit from the philosophy)
    What is the better option careerwise? Cant "follow my heart" it'll tell me to drop out again.
    I have less than a day to decide
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2018, 09:20 AM
    Here's the kicker "already quit university twice", you clearly don't have the determination required to follow through with your studies.
    Stop mucking about and wasting your time, unless you are going for a hat trick.
    vconfusedperson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2018, 01:49 PM
    I have the determination required not to waste my life studying a major that will get me nowhere in lifekind of asked for advice on what to choose, so maybe answer that
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2018, 01:51 PM
    None of the majors you are looking at would be relevant in a Real World career, unless you were considering going into counseling or similar talking therapies.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2018, 02:17 PM
    "excellence(sic) program in psychology and philosophy". Answer is, "Would you like to supersize your order?". In today's world, they are like a BA Liberal Arts. Not much more than minimum wage and well below almost all other majors. There aren't many careers that a BA Philosophy will give you specific training for, almost all go to grad school for some other courses.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2018, 02:45 PM
    To go anywhere with psychology, you will need a master's at least or even a Ph.D. (psychologist) or M.D. (psychiatrist). There are many very interesting side roads with those degrees -- child welfare and advocacy, family systems, teens, psychological testing for the military or employers or colleges, stats, autism and other developmental disorders, gerontology, and so on. Your school library or public library has print or database resources on careers and what education is needed plus information on what one does and earns.

I suspect an advanced degree in philosophy would get you a teaching position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got provisional degree from kakatiya university on 1995 and now I want have degree . [ 0 Answers ]

To obtain degree certificate fm kakatiya university for 1995 b.a and received Provisional certificate.

Was 1yr. Degree (one sitting) course equivalent to 3yr. Degree course? [ 1 Answers ]

Was this course equivalent to 3 yr. degree course?

View more questions Search