Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edferrari121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 12:40 PM
    I am with an abusive wife will she change or should I get a divorce and move on?
    I really need some advise. I been on this relationship for 5 years 2 of them being boyfriend and girlfriend and the other 3 being married. I am 24 and she is 23 and we don't have any children. During the three years of marriage we been going on and off because for every fight we have she runs with her mom and leaves me. But before she leaves me she insults me really really bad, name calling, saying stuff about my parents, my brother, even sometimes she scratches me, and slaps me. Then she leaves and 4 to 7 days later always seem to be sorry and asks me for forgiveness to the point that she gets on her knees and cries, or gives tries to give me gifts.we have tried counseling but after a month or two and we stop going because she says that "we are good now why go". Two weeks ago all this happened again but this time she insulted and cursed my dad and mom then she told me she was leaving again and then she insulted me, scratched my neck, slapped me in the face and press her knee on my leg when I was laying down which left a big bruise and NO this is not the first time she is physical abusive now she is saying she is sorry and she will never do that again being this the seventh time she does the same thing saying she will change and she does not . However I still fill that I love her is this normal or is it just fear of being alone? I don't think I am a bad husband I mean don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't go out with my friends and leave her alone, I workout, I work all day and just finish my bachelors degree to have a better life with her and she still treats me that way. My question is that I always feel bad for her because she cries and says she is going to change which she doesn't or sometimes I forgive her because I fear that another women will not want to be with me or even look at me and start a relationship with me if I divorce her and now that I told her that we are done I feel with allot of anxiety to talk to her and take her back. What should I do

Please I need some good advise ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
    If you have no kids yet... my advice is divorce her and get away... sure she might change... but odd are she won't.

The longer you wait... the more you will end up owing her... not to mention the odds of a child coming into the picture further complicating it for everyone.

A one time thing is easier to blow off than something that keeps reoccuring over and over.
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 23, 2013, 12:49 PM
    You've given her many chances, it's time for you to take care of your needs and move on. It is unlikely she will change. Her desire to end counseling suggests she doesn't believe she has a problem - yes, it's HER problem.

Consider yourself fortunate that there are no children involved. If she hits you and curses your family members, they'd would be next.

A common reaction to those who are abused is that they feel it is their fault - yours. You exhibit some signs of this by your comments about not being a bad husband, etc. YOU ARE NOT the cause so don't blame yourself.

You are young, there are many other women out there that would love to have a husband like you. Move on with YOUR life.

Good luck. Hope it helps.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2013, 12:51 PM
    She doesn't see anything wrong in her behavior so she will not change. I have known guys that will purposely start a fight as an excuse to run off. Seems like that has become a pattern for her. She is mentally unstable
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Ditto to what everyone else said. Life is too short.
    animepierced Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 09:57 AM
    there's ALWAYS a chance she can change. But how long has she been abusing you? You have to consider that, if she's gone this long why would she change now? I would try talking to her, if she starts getting upset call someone you trust to come over and get you away. I would recommend divorcing her ^.^ its her fault anyway ^.^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My husband refuses to move out of my house during the divorce, change locks? [ 5 Answers ]

Im trying to divorce my husband, He refuses to move, I am the sole titleholder of my house, purchased 6 years before the marriage. Ive provided documents and affadavits re: my assets, which is mainly my house. He is alleging that I have other assets I haven't disclosed (not true) because he is...

My wife filed for divorce, I didn't want a divorce, I still loved her, I asked why? [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't want a divorce because I didn't want to be away from my family , and I still loved my wife, I pleaded with her to not do this and asked her why , she told me the reason was cause of " how I used to treat her " , I wasn't a saint when we first got married , but I wasn't that bad . I never...

Was it the right move to have my abusive son arrested? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has been increasingly verbally abusive and most recently it has gotten physical. The police has been called many times and I was told that I had to give him a 30 day notice to move which would end December 31. My son has alienated himself from his long time friends and associates mostly...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search