Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahassouna Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 08:18 PM
    DB by php & mysql
    Hi,

I'm looking for a best friendly and easy Administrative front-end Database using PHP & MySQL.

I found these two in the net "AppGini" & "DaDaBIK".

Do you suggest another software/application other than the above mentioned?

You support appreciated on this matter...

Thank you,
    Ahmad
    jmd814 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2010, 11:14 PM

If you are looking to simply administer MySQL then phpMyAdmin (phpMyAdmin) is a good option. But if you are looking for something to build an actual front end (your post wasn't clear on that point) then what you suggest look very reasonable.

Jason
    ahassouna Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 06:43 AM
    We don't want to create a web-application from scratch. The application should be created for non-expert users capable to work safely on data using an intuitive graphic interface. It is not a database administration tool like phpMyAdmin and it's not replacing it : interface is for basic user working on data.

It should have the following features:

- It should use PHP & MySQL, in need of modyfing access to database by our employed without developing a specific for us but simply using a web browser.
    - It is particularly useful when various and/or several users have to access to database using different privileges: a highly customizable system of groups and privileges makes access possible for various employed to specific tables or views, shows/hides specific fields, sets rules for input validation and keeps under control all the database activities.
    - It has export data modules, statistics and report management based on xml, xls, slsx or pdf protocols.
    - It can be an easy to configure database front-end.

Requirement:

- PHP 5.x
    - MySQL 5.x

Regards,
    Ahmad
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 08:02 AM

Hi,
    I hope this will be clear. The simplicity you desire on the front-end and the security features you specify sound very desirable and straightforward, but require an enormous amount of effort to actually implement in the back-end infrastructure. Most telling is the security features you wish with different levels of permission. This is dependent on the OS and adds a daunting layer of complexity.
    PhpMyAdmin is the best answer to the general problem, but does not have the features you desire.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need PHP/MySQL help, for opensource [ 1 Answers ]

I am using PHP Point of Sale, and I need a simple function added to the sales form. REF: PHP Point Of Sale In the file /sales/sale_ui.php I need to add a date/time function to post to the MySQL database. And then print or echo so that the information is physically printable for the EU, but...

PHP, MySQL, apache l [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Php, apache, mysql [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Connecting to MySQL with PHP on Apache 2.2 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Just a little background on my system. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. Firewall is disabled. Running Apache 2.2, PHP5 and MySQL server 5.1. I am trying to simple interface with my MySQL database using a webpage running PHP. I have tried using the mysql_connect(host, name,...

View more questions Search