Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravana2 Posts: 146, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Spreading of judaism
    Why jews don't spread there religion like christians and muslims ?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 08:32 AM
    I think it is because it is more a heritage you are born into
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 12, 2008, 05:50 PM
    1) Judaism doesn't teach that it is mandatory for anyone to become Jewish to be accepted by G-d.

2) It is true that most of us that are Jewish, are so because of ethnicity. However concerning the Faith itself, it is not based on a rational of numbers. We are not actively seeking converts just to add people, but rather quality individuals. It is not uncommon for a rabbi to deny an individual asking to convert several times (often three times), before being accepted to start the conversion process. Rabbis are careful to make certain that any person seeking conversion to Judaism, is sincere.

3) Most of the outreach today is geared toward those that are already Jews and may be unaffiliated and are disconnected from the Jewish community for various reasons.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 13, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ravana2
    what about khazars ? why then "real jews " spread there religion to khazars ?

Jewish history is not void of proselytizing, although the reasons for periods in history when we actively sought converts for purpose other than that of Christianity or Islam. The Khazar society at that time was very open (tolerable). However there is not enough historical evidence to say that the masses converted as a whole. It could be said that some conversions did take place. But as to what proportion of converted population to those that were already Jewish and had previously re-located to the area due to the diaspora is uncertain. However there are some DNA studies and evidence that certainly denounce the far fetched notions that Jews all descended from the Khazar's. Here's a link for further details: Jewish Genes

Quote Originally Posted by ravana2
    were there any more nation that accept judaism ?
    Israel in subject to various parts of history. However numerous nations currently have (or at one time in the past has had) successful Jewish communities: Ashkenazim, Sephardi, Yemenite, etc...

Amazon.com: Jewish Communities of the World (Single Titles): Avi Beker: Books

Jul 14, 2008, 01:52 PM
    My topic about shellfish was arrased so I will ask here . What is wrong with shellfish ? Is there any prof that they are unhealty ?
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Jul 14, 2008, 03:36 PM
    It isn't about being "unhealthy" -- the dietary laws are edicts from god and we don't try to figure out "why" -- we just accept them.

Jul 14, 2008, 04:45 PM
    I heard few reasonable theories about noneating of pig or circumcision but nothing about shellfish and mixing of meat and milk . I hope that jhvh used logic when he made his laws otherwise they will be just dogmas .

Jul 15, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Jewish King Dhu Nuwas orders the forceful conversion of the Christians (mainly Aksumites) in Najran in 525 A.D. Up to 20,000 Christians who refused to convert are subsequently massacred.
    List of converts to Judaism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:eek:

Jul 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
    So forgetting about the whole pork and shellfish thing, you have found a wikipedia entry which states a single case, only cited in three books of unknown provenance, none of which is a history of Judaism.
    OK, so that one guy did something which is not approved of by the mainstream. As there were no Jewish kings in 525, this must have been a king of some other group who was a convert and didn't quite get it

Jul 15, 2008, 11:49 PM
    OK we can go on with kosher things if you want . This is also interesting to me .

Kosher locust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will rather eat pork than grasshopper what about you ?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 01:45 PM
    There are two basic types of main religions:

1. Tribal religions(you are born into the tribe and religion)
    2. Religions that proselytize(non-tribal religions).

Tribal religions are Hinduism, Judaism and Shintoism, for example. These religions don't proselytize, seek converts from the general public. They would increase or decrease their members via birth rate.

Religions that proselytize are Christianity, Islam, Buddhism(sort of)... these religions have believers from many different tribes, countries and all manner of ethnic groups. The denominations increase their members via birth rate or converts.

Jul 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Orthodox christens are also natin-based . They have a separate church for every nation . For example russian orthodox church .

Jul 16, 2008, 06:05 PM
    "rather"? I've heard they are both yummy but rulez iz rulez.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Islam and Judaism [ 60 Answers ]

Peace and love to everyone I want to understand the difference between Islam and Judaism, there roots between the children of Abraham, who is the founder of all 3 faiths (Judaism, Chriostianity and Islam) to one God Almighty, and the Ka'Baa.. Can someone explain what Isaac and Jacob have to...

Assignment on Judaism [ 2 Answers ]

I do not know if I submitted the question that I asked properly, so I will resubmitted it. The question is that I need information about the History of Key Sacred Texts? This is an assignment to create a PowerPoint Presentation geared towards a younger person (9-14) about Judaism. There is more if...

The Koran and Judaism [ 8 Answers ]

Hezbollah leader, Nasrallah states that the Koran says that if Muslim people kill Jewish people, they will get 7 virgins and go to heaven. Im almost sure there is nothing like this in the Koran. Can you please verify this for me? Thanks a lot

Judaism [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find information concerning the History of Key Sacred Texts of Judaism?and how would I teach this information to a younger person between the ages of 9-14?

View more questions Search