Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dgphil39 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2008, 01:03 AM
    Garage door opener
    One of my garage door openers was stolen and I am now on manual. Can I reprogram my garage door opener? Sears is not sure.
    cgregory67 Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Feb 8, 2008, 02:46 AM
    I would search for owner's manual or post model here. I know my sears opener is reprogrammable to the remote itself. It requires me to push a reprogram butting on the unit while holding the remote button in for 10 seconds. However, I don't think you can reprogram the opener itself so the thief can still open your door.

Not 100% sure about this until we can find out the model you have.
    Black Bear Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Where can I pose my questions?? Thank you...
    Black Bear Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Lately my garage door remote is getting weaker. I used to be able to open the door from the road. I have changed the battery, as well as adding more length to the pickup wire to the opener, hoping that it would pick up the signal better... nope... I practically have to be in the garage before the door opens. Any cure for this illness?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Try this site:
    Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears Parts Direct | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears
    Thought ti was more like www3.sears.com but didn't work
    Some Sears If you hold the learn for lomger, it erases all codes.
    Then pregram new codes. Eleminates old or lost(stolen) remotes.
    Check procedure first, but may be press learn until it lights, press and hold remote till flashes, repeat for additional remotes. What model do you have?
    Chamberlain, If I remember right has good info on your operator.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Try this:
    Sears Chamberlain LiftMaster Garage Door Opener
    doors Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

May 6, 2011, 07:03 AM
    A Quality Garage Doors is South Floridas Miami leading supplier and installer of < a href="http://garagedoorsofmiami.com/"> garage doors</a>, repairs and openers. < a href="http://garagedoorsofmiami.com/"> AQuality Garage Doors </a>offers the best prices and services for new garage doors for sale, service, repair and installation of all Miami-Dade hurricane approved garage doors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

Could someone tell me if and how to install a garage door opener. My problem is that there is a full attic above my detached garage and the clearance between the joists and door is only an inch. Any ideas?

Garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My garage door fails to open. With the door in the closed position, I press the remote, it reverses itself and closes the door more, then the door opens just a few inches. I tried adjusting the increase or decrease travel screw but it does not fix the problem. The opener is a Sears...

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

View more questions Search