Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 03:39 AM
    Has anyone done the day trek of Mt Tongariro in New Zealand by any chance?
    We're two reasonably fit adults and three reasonably fit kids ~ a girl aged 12 and two boys 13 and 15. Has anyone done the day trek of Mt Tongariro in New Zealand with kids in tow and know what to expect by any chance; level of difficulty or otherwise?

Mount Tongariro,Tongariro Crossing - Visit Ruapehu New Zealand Official Travel Guide
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 07:46 AM

Hi, frangy, I haven't done that trek but you can take me along!
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 12:43 PM

We should meet up there tickle and you could trek Mt Tongariro (got to keep practicing saying that lol) with us... wouldn't that be fun!
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 07:44 PM

We all managed to complete the walk tickle.

The scenery was stunning and spectacular and the 19 kilometer 10 hour walk (most people take around 8 hours, only it took me 10 as I hobbled the last two) was gruelling, but very rewarding to have completed. The kids practically bolted the distance lol.

I can believe them when they say it's supposed to be the best one day trek in the world and amongst the top 100 things to do in a lifetime... it was awesome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Star Trek collectible [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently given a copy of the Star Trek manual from the first convention. It is in fair to good condition. Does anyone know the value of this manual?

TREK decking [ 2 Answers ]

Question, I have a TREK deck. First and second floor. Will the posts hold nails? And if they do, what kind. I would like to hand a large lantern that is secured by a metal hanging post that takes two of something. HELP

Decking, Trek [ 1 Answers ]

Can Trek Decking be painted?

Trek Decking [ 2 Answers ]

Would pressure washing my trek deck void my warranty at all?

View more questions Search