Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kurundwad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Antique gossip chair
    Hello!

I own a pair of very old gossip chairs but do not know to what period they belong. I would also like to know what they are worth. I am attaching a picture. Thanks.
    Attached Images

firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 01:13 PM

Beautiful design, love the chair.

Sadly I can't seem to find a gossip seat which seats three, most come up with only two,some are even revolving and detachable seats.
    Victorian Antique Tete a Tete or Gossip Settee - Harp Gallery Antique Furniture
    kurundwad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 10:24 AM

Thank you.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 12:15 PM

You are welcome,
    I will check some more, in the meantime hopefully someone else could shed light on this furniture piece.
    christybob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 10:32 PM
    I have recently been watching the original "Dark Shadows". There is a three seated chair used in the show, similar to your chair, and I immediately knew that I had to have one. On the show, I believe the setting was in the 18th century, but am not positive. I hope this helps. You stated that you have a pair of them. Are they matching?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gossip girls [ 5 Answers ]

Four of my friends made a group called "Gossip Girls". And they excluded me from it. I don't know why though. I never did anything wrong to them. I hang out with them. But they leave me out of everything and I feeling really worthless. I can't ditch them and make new friends because they're are...

Reupholstering antique gentleman's chair [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have reupholstered a few things before, but in the past the projects were always square. I am now trying to recover a late 1800s "gentleman's" chair. The chair has a round seat that is about 4 or 5 inches high at the edges (it's deeper in the center). The chair also has a roundish back, arms,...

Gossip Girl [ 7 Answers ]

I have a huge problem! I have a bad habit of gossiping. I do this a lot, but mostly at work. I talk bad about other people, I talk about other people to other people, and I believe that I am the reason for all the drama in the workplace. I cannot seem to control my mouth. I create drama that isn't...

What kind of chair is this 'Lady Chair' ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I recently inherited a chair shown in the following photos: http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair1.jpg http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair2.jpg http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair3.jpg It is lacquered, with a curved wood back and seat.

Gossip [ 3 Answers ]

I work with a bunch of gossipy, backstabbing women and they always seem to pick on me. I just want to be left alone to do my job. They are downright ugly people and I don't know what to do because I'm outnumbered. So how do I put this to an end?

View more questions Search