Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psm260 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Webs on shrubs
    Something is making webs on our shrubs. There are several of these webs, and when I knock them down, they reappear by the next day. I don't think it's bag worms because I've seen those before and these look different. I don't see any bugs or spiders on them. I'm always afraid to put chemicals on shrubs because I'm afraid it will kill the shrub, too. Any advice?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Yes, I have seen these too in my garden. Try a spray bottle mixed with l/3 dish detergent preferably antibacterial and the rest water and spray every evening when it gets dark. Some spiders are nocturnal remember and you may not ever see them, but it is spiders. I live in southeastern ontario and the spider problem has been rampant in the garden and the house. Good luck and let me know. It is a simple solution and can be done right now.

Remove the webs with our hands the next morning and keep on spraying and removing until you don't see any webs anymore. You may have to do several times throughout the next two warm months but at least you will save the bush anxiety.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bought shrubs/trees over internet - how to care for them [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I recently bought Privet Hedges from the internet. The web address for the store is - (Fruit trees, nut trees, shade trees, plants, ground cover, shrubs, rose bushes, hedges and more – Autumn Ridge Nursery) The 100 hedges and 10 trees came in a cardboard package about 5 inches round and...

Spider webs/varicose veins [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I know someone who have spider webs and varicose veins. Is there a non surgical way of removing it? Thanks!

Is this bug eating my shrubs? [ 5 Answers ]

I have several shrubs and bushes that have been eaten up and I'm not sure what is eating it and how to fight it! The leaves have holes and big chunks missing. The plants are suffering quite a bit. Some of them even turning black in spots! Lately I've come across an earworm so I thought that might...

Juniper Shrubs [ 2 Answers ]

When is the best time to prune Juniper shrubs. Is early spring to late?

View more questions Search