Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purrna2go Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher won't start, red control lock light flashing
    Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher won't start.
    The control lock red light (above the "start" pad) flashes when I press "start" or any of the control lights. The door is closed completely.
    tamme Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 06:39 AM

Unplug it. If this doesn't work try to push and hold the end of cycle button for at least 10 seconds

Oct 30, 2009, 07:37 AM
    It worked!
    At first it did not, so I held down a succession of pads down for 10 secs, finally the red light went off and Ipushed the "start" and it started up. I never had to unplug (would have had to flip switch in basement). Brilliant, elegant, and many thanks.

Oct 30, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tamme View Post
    Unplug it. If this doesnt work try to push and hold the end of cycle button for at least 10 seconds
    Tamme, this worked beautifully! Thank you! I did not have to flip the switch or unplug, just held down a succession of keypads until the light turned off (each for 10 sec), then pushed "Start" and it worked. Thanks again! - Mary
    Fkucera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:40 PM
    I tried all other fixes to no avail. So I turned off the power to the dishwasher. Then I disassembled the washer door latch and noticed that it did not open and close very much. It was coated in sticky yuccy stuff. Then I washed it in hot soapy and water and blew it dry with my air compressor. Then I WD-40ed it and blew it out with my air compressor again. Now it opened and closed the electrical contacts very crisply and with a much wider angle. The door switch was not actuating fully and so the control panel was getting a "door not shut" code and would not turn the unit on. Then I turned the power back on and hit the start button... viola... it worked very well...
    ebernards Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Thank you SO much. I was losing my mind... just kept pushing and holding down buttons (after unplugging and that now working). Bless you!
    BobbieJeanne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
    Kenmore Dishwasher Model 15819990. A red light keeps flashing at "lock on." I pressed the "No Heat Dry" for 4 seconds, 10 seconds and nothing changed. Didn't work. Unable to unplug the machine because I think the plug is behind the dishwasher and I can't pull the machine out. Please help if possible.
    BobbieJeanne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 08:17 PM
    I am losing my mind! No matter what I try, nothing works! Any ideas? Please & Thanks.
    Autogenious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2014, 06:43 PM
    Thank you so much, I had to hold down one button at a time starting from the left to right each one for ten seconds and now it works like a charm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher lock light flashing [ 0 Answers ]

I have a kenmore ultra wash dishwasher model 16a69990/665 that won't run. The Lock On light is flashing. Tried turning off at power source, unplugging and resetting with random button pressing but no luck. Any ideas?

Kenmore 665 Ultra Wash will not work at all and Lock On is flashing. [ 0 Answers ]

After my washer completed every cycle but drain and dry, it began flashing the "Lock On" indicator. At this point, nothing will work at all. There was a little water in the tub. Also, when I press the cancel button, both the Lock On and Cancel/Drain will begin to flash together. 1) unhooked...

Kenmore 665 Ultra Wash will not work at all and Lock On is flashing. [ 0 Answers ]

After my washer completed every cycle but drain and dry, it began flashing the "Lock On" indicator. At this point, nothing will work at all. There was a little water in the tub. 1) unhooked the drain hose to get the water out and it flowed freely. 2) shout off power for over an hour. 3)...

View more questions Search