Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Terrible Hair Color
    I recently had my hair colored at a salon. I asked for a medium brown (similar to my natural color) and it turned out WAY too dark! I had it colored while I was visiting family and live about 5 hours away, so going back to the salon is not an option. I tried buying a lighter shade of brown and coloring it myself. No change. Is there anything I can do to lighten it up??
    :confused:
    Janelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KMC6296
    I recently had my hair colored at a salon. I asked for a medium brown (similar to my natural color) and it turned out WAY too dark! I had it colored while I was visiting family and live about 5 hours away, so going back to the salon is not an option. I tried buying a lighter shade of brown and coloring it myself. No change. Is there anything I can do to lighten it up???
    :confused:
    The same thing happened to me a few months ago. My goal in coloring my hair was simply to cover a few grey strands. I wanted to keep my natural color. The stylist used such a dark color that my hair turned out black. The next day I went back to the salon and they applied a "stripper" to my hair. It worked. It lightened the color enough for me to be happy. I don't know if the term "stripper" is the appropriate term, but I would guess that most stylists at most salons would understand that you would like them to strip out some of the recently-applied color. Good luck!
    Ryababe24 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 05:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem as you right now.. I feel relieved to know that I'm not the only one
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 29, 2006, 09:17 PM
    Dark hair has a lot of red in it. If you use an at home box color to lighten your hair, it will result in a brassy or red/orange look. Please go to the salon and have them fix your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair color [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter tried to bleach her hair about 2 weeks ago, when can we dye it a darker color?

Hair color [ 2 Answers ]

My natural hair color is blonde and I have always dyed it lighter blonde. I recently went to a salon and had it dyed brown. It took 3 times for her to do this, it kept turning to red or to ashy(she said it was because of all the box dye I had used before). Now it is to dark and I want it blonde...

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I started with blonde hair and dyed it a medium red-brown. It turned black! How can I lighten it wihtout completely drying it out?

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hebal hair color but its too dark pl tell me how can I remove the dark color

View more questions Search