Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Selah Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Replacing a fireplace face,
    I'm in the process of refacing a fireplace. After removing the original rocky face the wall underneath is not very even.

How do I even out the surface, and what would be the most effective way to tile the face of the fireplace? Can I do it without chicken wire or cement backer board? Do I have enough time to finish in a day? Thanks
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Furring the wall out with strips and then facing the furring with cement board would be my best guess.

In a day? Good quality work takes time! What's the rush?

KBC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing fireplace tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I bought new tiles to replace the old tiles in front of my fireplace, which is on floor level. The new tiles are thicker than the old tiles, so that the wood floor is not as high as the tiles, making it impossible to grout along the edge with the wood floor. Should I break up the concrete slab that...

Replacing fireplace refractory panels [ 1 Answers ]

Can the fireplace refractory panels be replaced with firebicks

Leak around basement fireplace but not in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Recently when we had heavy rain it leaked around the baement fireplace. I have noticed that the grout around the bricks are wet (not sure if soaking up from the floor). Thought because some flooding near by that it was a one time thing. Now it rained a coupe of days ago and I am noticing that it is...

Regular contact, but no face to face [ 2 Answers ]

We dated a while, then he wanted to take a break from seeing each other, but maintained some contact (txt. Message, some calls), about four weeks ago, we began to date some again, and saw each other 3 times in 2 weeks, he makes some form of contact every day, but we haven't seen each other again...

Fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an existing fireplace (insert) w/ a brick chimney. It is fairly old, but in decent shape except for the back wall of the insert itself. It appears to be nothing more than concrete or mortar of some type over top of the back metal wall of the fireplace. It is cracked and has several plugs...

View more questions Search