Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilangeliz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Depo provera shot
    I was wondering if anyone knows... well I had my son sept 8th and got the shot before I left.. ok I was suppose to getr another in December and didn't... so I was wondering when will my period start again?? /
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Feb 9, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Be sure to discuss this with your doctor or prescriber. Depo-Provera is a birth control shot that is taken once every three months.

And because you should schedule your next appointment one week before your due date, chances are you won't ever have another period, again. At least, by the third shot, you can expect that the bleeding and spotting will be much less.

Until then, as a new user, you may experience irregular spotting and bleeding, but this should go away once your body gets adjusted to the medicine. But, if you have heavy or unexpected bleeding that doesn't stop, contact your healthcare provider. If you have other questions, feel free to call the Depo-Provera patient support line at 1-866-554-DEPO (3376).

Hope this answers your question!
    BabyPeanut Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 01:38 PM

It varies from woman to woman. I got my last shot sometime in July. I was suppose to get it late September and never did. Its now Oct. 20th and I just started bleeding. Depovera doesn't even leave your system for 4 months after your last shot. It can take up to 2 years to fully leave your system.
    plzhelpme123 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 03:01 PM

I was on the depo for a year and didn't get mine the whole time and when I stopped I didn't get it for another year. It is different for everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Post Depo Provera [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I looked through the other posts and nothing really answered my question. I was on Depo Provera from September 2005 through May 2006. Since the time I left Depo this past May, I've had a brown discharge. The discharge has been consistent throughout these past three or so months, and I've had to...

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

I need help what's the side effects of getting off the depo shot I've been on it for 6 months and never got back on it but I haven't got my period since is this bad and plus my breast has been hurting a swelling is this part of the symptoms of getting off it so soon. I got off the depo shot because...

Depo Provera and weight gain [ 1 Answers ]

When I was 16, I was diagnosed with a severe case of endometriosis. I had laparoscopic surgery do diagnose it. Afterwards, my Gyno put me on Depo Provera to help prevent it from happening again. He said I will need to be on it until I decide I want to get pregnant. Well before I got on the shot I...

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

View more questions Search