Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sravaneee_239 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Is it a genuine.
    Hi...
    I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have responded with my details... the lottery was named under
    AUSTRALIA LOTTO LOTTERY INC. ELECTRONIC MAIL AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION
    AWARD PRESENTATION CENTER:AUSTRALIA...
    After giving my details I have called him on phone... he have spoken that I have to give my complete details.. with my bank account , etc.. the person with whom I have spoken is in NIGERIA... thereafter he sent a mail that "I WANT YOU TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF HAVING THE FUND RELEASE TO YOU IN YOUR COUNTRY WITH THE BANK DIRECTOR FOR INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE. All YOU DO NOW IS TO MAKE IMMEDIATE CONTACT WITH THE UNION BANK PLC. WHICH IS YOUR CORRESPONDENT PAYING BANK TO ENABLE THEM FINALIZE THE MODALITIES OF TRANSFERRING YOUR PRIZE MONEY AS IT HAS BEEN DEPOSITED IN A FIXED ACCOUNT WITH THE BANK. "
    He has given the bank name as "THE MANAGER, UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT. MARINA, LAGOS, NIGERIA." even I sent my details to this bank through given Email...
    I have a doubt that is there are any world lotteries... like this is it a genuine one... is there any problem with this kind of lotteries... i.e.. will I face any problem by submitting details to this lottery... plzzzzzzzzz reply me as soon as possible...
    Waiting for your reply...
    Thanking u,
    Yours faithfully,

SRAVAN KUMAR GOUD.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Let me see you face losing all the money in your bank account after you give them some of that info.

It is a scam, just look up internet scams, did you buy a ticket in this lottery, of course not, you get an email and you believe it,? Come on now please.

And it even says bank in nigeria, where 99 of the internet scams come from?

If you want to give away all your money that fast, just send my church some, we need money to help the needy.
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 22, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I hate to add that it is a scam. All email in that respect should be sent to the police on email fraud. Don't fall for it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Never give your personal and bank ID in response to an email or phone request.

This is a scam. I receive at least one per month, just like the one you received. Delete it without even reading it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:59 AM
    I get 10 to 12 scam emails a day ( the fun of having very public email address) the more popular scams today are, lottery, check cashing, someone in love with you and more)
    apujoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Hey Fr, Don't be lured into such shady business,most of such guys are conmen.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sravaneee_239
    hi...
    iam sravan...2 days a go i got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. so i responded with the detials given and i was surprised seeing that..according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries..i have responded with my details...the lottery was named under
    AUSTRALIA LOTTO LOTTERY INC. ELECTRONIC MAIL AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION
    AWARD PRESENTATION CENTER:AUSTRALIA...
    After giving my details i have called him on phone....he have spoken that i have to give my complete details..with my bank account and etc..,the person with whom i have spoken is in NIGERIA...thereafter he sent a mail that "I WANT YOU TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF HAVING THE FUND RELEASE TO YOU IN YOUR COUNTRY WITH THE BANK DIRECTOR FOR INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE. All YOU DO NOW IS TO MAKE IMMEDIATE CONTACT WITH THE UNION BANK PLC. WHICH IS YOUR CORRESPONDENT PAYING BANK TO ENABLE THEM FINALIZE THE MODALITIES OF TRANSFERRING YOUR PRIZE MONEY AS IT HAS BEEN DEPOSITED IN A FIXED ACCOUNT WITH THE BANK. "
    He has given the bank name as "THE MANAGER, UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT. MARINA, LAGOS, NIGERIA." even i sent my details to this bank through given Email.....
    i have a doubt that is there are any world lotteries....like this is it a genuine one.....is there any problem with this kind of lotteries...i.e..,will i face any problem by submitting details to this lottery.....plzzzzzzzzz reply me as soon as possible....
    waiting for ur reply.....
    Thanking u,
    Yours faithfully,

SRAVAN KUMAR GOUD.
    Did you buy a ticket? That's usually a clue - I have won lotteries (according to E-mail) when I don't even have a ticket. Imagine if I really did have a ticket!

My mailbox is full of people who are going to send me a check and I am going to deposit it and take a 10% commission and then mail the balance to someone someplace because they like me and can't wait to make me this offer.

And prayer chains - last I heard I will be struck by lightning if I don't forward the prayer to 10 people within 15 minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My email have won a lottery is it a genuine [ 13 Answers ]

Hi... I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have...

Non genuine XP [ 4 Answers ]

I have a non genuine windows xp pro and every time I boot , there's a startup saying this copy of windows is not genuine and no longer eligible of receiving security upgrades from Microsoft. By the way , I already removed the WGAtray in notification bar,id like to know how to remove this startup...

Non Genuine Windows [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the same problem lately with my Dell (bought from Dell). Windows not Genuine, I can also go to a web site, connect, and for example log onto Bellsouth, then select the pay my bill link, I get cannot connect. I have gone to Microsoft to try and run updates, but that fails as well. I get...

Genuine Questions here<<<(DSO)<<<--- [ 10 Answers ]

Due to sum miss understanding I've removed all Fix's regarding DSO, any one with legit problems removing it or ne other area's can direct there questions here. Regards~ Don't know what to do? Just ask.

View more questions Search