Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 12, 2005, 05:56 PM
    Harddisk data recovery
    Hi

I have a hard drive that will not boot into windows anymore but I need some files from it, every diagnostic tool I use says the disk is OK to use, but every piece of software I have tried will only find deleted files and the files I want were never deleted I just can't can't get to them.
    Below is the list of softwares which I got please help me which software I have to use to recover those files
    Abexo Defragmenter Pro Plus 1.2.0

Advanced.EFS.Data.Recovery.v1.0

Bad Copy Pro 3.31(CDR Data Recovery Tool)

Care Full Backup 1.42

Careful Backup SP-1

Disc Manager 9.0

Fast File Recovery

File Scavenger NTFS Recovery

Final Recovery

FinalData Enterprise v2.0.1.1028

FinalData-Enterprise 1.0

GoBack 3.10.b56 Deluxe ESD XP Compatible

HDD Regenerator

Hardisk Partaioner 8.0

Lost and Found

Lost and Found 106 data recovery utility

Maxtor PowerMax Diagnostics

Norton Disc Doctor

Norton Ghost 2004

Norton SystemWorks 2004

Ontrack Easy Recovery 6.0
    Recover4All.Professional.2.11

Recover My Files v2.31

Roxio GoBack

R-Studio 2.0 for FAT

R-Studio Data Recovery 2.0

R-Undeletor

Runtimes.Get Data Back for.FAT.v2.06

Runtimes.Get Data Back for.FAT.v2.13

Runtimes.Get Data Back for.FAT.v2.14

Runtimes.Get Data Back for.NTFS.v2.14

Seagate Disc Diagnostic Wizard 2003

Seagate Toolz

Seagte Disc Wizard 2003

Stangos Safe Disk 6.0
    Tiramisu 1.12

Tiramisu Data Recovery Tool

Tiramisu FAT32 ver 304 FULL

Tiramisu Harddiskrecovery

Undelete and Data Recovery Software for Windows XP ME 98 95 2000

Western Digital Data Lifeguard 10.0

SpinRite 5.0 Final

Cheers
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 13, 2005, 03:23 AM
    Before trying recovery programs, have you tried accessing the hard disk from another working computer. To do this just transfer the hard drive into that computer and boot with it set as either a slave or secondary drive.

Before I go into how to do this, could you reply with whether you know how to move hard disks between computers or not?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2005, 04:32 AM
    Hard drive
    Hi,
    If these files are really important to you, my suggestion is to take your computer to a local repair store or shop. Ask them what they would charge you to look into it, and get those files for you.
    You can try different things yourself, but if you have never opened a computer before (take off the case), then I do suggest letting a Tech do it.
    As Stu answered, pleae don't try taking the case off yourself, if you have never done it, without posting back here.
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 13, 2005, 04:56 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the replies but the problem is I just have one PC so I can transfer the hard drive to any other PC and secondly if I make partitions by help of partition magic is my files going to deleted or it will make the two partitions without disturbing my files , I can boot my PC in a windows environment so I have to do all these thing in dos environment.
    Please help
    Urgent
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 13, 2005, 06:12 AM
    Do NOT partition your hard drive, whatever you do if you want to keep the information on it!!

Can't stress that enough, it will destroy all your data on the system. (ok some systems might resize etc without killing data but don't do it!)

How many files are we talking about recovering? If it's not so many, you could possibly do it via floppy but get comfy.

I will try to find some software that boots from CD and allows you to burn CD's but don't hold your breath!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead Hard Drive: Data Recovery Questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 that is less than a year old. Last week I got the error "Unmountable Boot Volume" and after calling Dell tech support I was told my hard drive was dead. A Dell tech came and put a new hard drive in my computer Monday and left the old hard drive with me so I could...

Data Recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hard drive that crashed, I want to recover files, so a put it on a PC as a slave and able to see the files.the trouble that I'm having is some of the file that I want to access will not let me access them.how do I access these files?

Data Recovery/Go Back ? [ 7 Answers ]

I made the mistake of trusting a program called Go Back which came with the Norton Suite. Had it told me it was compressing my drive, I would've stopped it... but it's too late for that.. the drive is having major problems now, it hasn't been bootable for some time, but any partitioning/formatting...

Hard Drive Data Recovery Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I have had an unfortunate incident. I woke up Sunday morning to find my main workstation PC with a blank screens and a cursor on the upper left. Fun. From the blue screen it appears that the boot sector somehow decided to go bad. I'll spare you all the details of the 12 hours I have...

How to get hard disk information [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to retrieve the hard disk information such as 1) size 2) Product id 3) vendor id 4) serial number 5) firmware version 6) model number

View more questions Search