Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LewB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2018, 04:41 PM
    Auto dry on maytag 9306AYW
    Even on delicate heat and least dry setting this dryer has always over dried. It can't get it to leave any of the clothes slightly damp. I just took it apart and cleaned it and am planning to change the belt and possibly rollers and glides. While I am doing that I thought I might see if I can get the auto dry working properly.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2018, 06:54 AM
    The main way to get it to work properly is to get the parts clean, especially all electrical contacts: unplug them and clean the surfaces with an Emory board or fine sandpaper and/or a small wire cleaning brush. You can get a lot of corrosion in a dryer. The inside of the dryer has an electrode part to the rear of drum with contacts on it to sense and measure the dampness of the clothes, which needs to be cleaned to work and measure correctly. Use a meter with the wire to the electrode disconnected and measure the resistance from electrical plug on electrode to ground, which should read infinity on "auto" or "mega-ohms"; if there is ANY reading then there is a short to ground in the electrode part, which must be repaired. You should clean the entire face of this electrode and holder with fine sandpaper to remove any mineral deposits which can cause an electrical pathway to ground. Retest after reassembling and if it still reads you may need to clean it more or replace it because the sensor is super sensitive. When cleaning the dryer make sure to wash out all parts where air moves through it, like the fan, fan housing, duct-work, filter housing, etc. It can cause a fire. Good luck and let us know what you find.
    Here are downloads to help (Just click on link to download.): https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Publ...?role=personal

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Publ...?role=personal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

Maytag dryer auto time [ 4 Answers ]

I was having issue with my auto timer on my dryer not working so I replaces the timer switch and still have the same issue auto timer not working. My venting/duct is clear and that runs under my house and is not clogged since I smell it out side and my regular vent is also clear . Any advice

My Maytag Performa dryer does not shut off during auto dry [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag Performa dryer does not shut off during auto dry Regular Fabrics. It continues past off and on to the Auto Dry Wrinkle Free Cotton. Any ideas? Shouldn't it stop on "off"? Thanks!

Maytag auto dry... won't heat up [ 0 Answers ]

No ignition

Maytag Dryer - Timer not advancing in auto dry [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag "export " model dryer, operates on 220V, not two 110V lines. Model MYE3350AGW, Serial 11070998GJ. My wife ran a load in auto dry mode while the exhaust cover outside had been painted shut. Now, the timer does not advance while in auto dry. Timer does advance when in timed dry...

View more questions Search