Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big todd 1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 03:40 PM
    Buzzing From Electric Furnace
    I have a Trane heat pump system. As I tried the emergency heat position for the electric furnace, nothing happened but a "buzzing" sound. The tech was here twice and checked control panel, wiring, transformer, etc. Heat pump is fine... just when you turn on to emergency heat - inop. Tech was a Trane dealer. He said he was going to call the manufacturer, but I have yet to hear back. Any suggestions? Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Could be a relay going bad, the laminated core can break down and hum. This is uaually a loud hum, and a trainee should be able to find it.

But sounds like the heating elements are humming themselves.Because of 60 cycle AC, elements that are not supported properly or securely can emit a hum or buzz.

I will be curious to see what the factory says. And another Trane tech that needs to call the mother ship.
    victoriaann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 06:46 AM
    Last night we heard a buzzing and noise from our bathroom floor under shower. My husband saw a flash of light. What could this be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring for Electric Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I'm want to install the thermostat on our Electric Furnace. The wire leading to the furnace is a two wire (BLACK AND WHITE WIRES) It's heat only. The thermostat has a W and an R on the back of the stat. The furnace terminal has Y,W,O,C,G,F. The WO has a jumper between them? The W has a White...

Electric Force and Electric Field? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can some one explain to me briefly what's the different between electric force and electric field? I am having trouble to make them clear to myself. Thanks you so much. Jack

Buzzing lights II [ 6 Answers ]

I have sconce lights on a dimmer and, when I dim the lights, they start to buzz. I have the same problem with my kitchen light. I have tried changing dimmers, and using rough service bulbs and still the problem persists. Someone suggested halogina light bulbs. Would they work? Where do you buy...

AC Buzzing noise [ 1 Answers ]

My 2-yr old 12,000 BTU Friedrich wall AC unit started making a very loud buzzing noise recently. The noise does not occur in the "fan-only" mode, but starts about 1 minute after the AC is turned on. The noise is louder inside the house than outside the house, and seems more "electrical" in nature...

View more questions Search