Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Denise strom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 01:58 PM
    Cd stuck in computer
    Ejects and Tray opens fine but it's empty. No cd. Stuck inside! Help my husband is going to kill me!
    GaryAE Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2013, 02:56 PM
    The short answer is that you have to open up the computer, remove the CD drive from the computer, remove the case of the CD drive, and finally remove the stuck CD from the drive.. . Then reverse the process.

It is not difficult to do if you have a little experience with tools and opening up computers. You just need to be patient and complete each step carefully.

The bottom line here is that it is more or less impossible for you to have done something to make this happen. Usually if you insert the CD improperly to the point that you can not remove it the cd door/tray will not open/eject. In other words this just sounds to me like a freak accident.

If neither you or your husband feel comfortable doing this it is usually pretty easy to find a friend or a neighbor who feels comfortable doing it for you. If you can not find someone to do it for you.. . With the price of CD/DVD players/recorders today it is probably cheaper to just buy a new one than to pay a repair shop to remove the stuck CD for you.

But in all honesty if you or your husband feel comfortable installing a new CD/DVD player/burner you should just try to remove the CD yourself. Worst case you are out about $75 - $100 for a new player/burner which is how much you would have to pay for a repair shop to do it in the first place.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My computer is stuck in a boot loop. [ 9 Answers ]

My computer froze during Call of Duty 4 and would get an error about a System 32 file being missing and wouldn't start up. So I put in the Windows XP Home Setup disk, and used the Fixboot and Fixmbr commmands. When I started up again it gave me a NTLDR error... Long story short I ended up...

Intel computer stuck in POST boot loop [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, Thanks for checking out my problem. I built an Intel D865GBF desktop computer. Initiallaly installed Windows XP sp 1 and all was fine. When Windows XP SP 2 was available I update to it. Everything was running fine for over 2 years, then we got the dreaded BSOD, upon reboot we see the...

Stuck computer mouse [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My mouse for my computer is getting terrible, it sticks and won't roll. Is there anything I can do to make it work better, besides bashing it around? Ok, and besides buying a new one, I want to try to make this one work first! Thanks for any info.

Computer gets stuck [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on dial up, when I try to get on line (I have windows xp) my computer will "dial" "authenticate" and "sign in" and it will show that I am connected to the internet. But my MSN home page will not come up. The "butterfly" just keeps flapping, but no MSN home page, it's "stuck". This always...

View more questions Search