Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjmjt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 09:37 AM
    To move or not to move - Tub Drain
    Hi there,
    I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up the concrete and relocate this drain snub OR is there another way? The obvious (& easiest) option seems to be 90ing along the floor to the required location. PLease offer advise and tell me what the implications of doing the easy option. Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 27, 2005, 05:12 PM
    Most tub waste and overflow connect below the floor line. Are you planning on platforming the tub? You say you have a 2" stub up. Does it come out of the cement or is there a hole around it? I'd like to know more about your rough in but I can tell you this. The best advice I can give you is move the trap and trench and position the stub up directly under the tubs tail piece.
    Regards, tom
    mjmjt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Most tub waste and overflow connect below the floor line. Are you planning on platforming the tub? You say you have a 2" stub up. Does it come out of the cement or is there a hole around it? I'd like to know more about your rough in but I can tell you this. The best advice I can give you is move the trap and trench and position the stub up directly under the tubs tail piece.
    regards, tom
    Hi there. Thanks for your response. This tub does require a wood structure and therefore I could easily raise the whole thing to clear any piping. The 2" stub up comes directly out of the cement, no hole around it.
    extreme42583 Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Feb 1, 2006, 08:55 PM
    I would build your wood frame around the tub and run the drain under. No fun messing with concrete when you wouldn't be adding that much height to the tub. Andrew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I Move On? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex left about 4 months ago for a new job. We had a wonderful and very loving relationship but he didn't ask me to go with him. It broke my heart. I find that I can't seem to let go. We chat on occasion but I feel as if he has let me go completely and moved on. When he left he shut me out. It was...

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

I can't seem to move on. [ 20 Answers ]

This is my first time posting here so apologies if this is too long winded but I really need impartial advice over something that is ruining my life. Myboyfriend and I broke up over two years ago after dating for 7 years. We were friends for a long time before we started dating so I have spent...

Still can't move on [ 9 Answers ]

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I split up with my ex 6 months ago. He finished the relationship, I did not want it to end. Since we have split we have remained friends and have continued to see each other often resulting in us sleeping together. He says that he doesn't want to be with me at the...

I can't get my EX to move on [ 4 Answers ]

My EX keeps talking to me about working things out. She pukes at the idea of me being with a new girl. She has a new Boy friend I tell her be with him she tells me I want you. If I iqnore her then she seems to try harder. This has been the worst break up ever. I am having trouble letting her go. I...

View more questions Search