Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hennyxlb Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Fish Floating At The Top Not Dead though What's Wrong?
    My fish keeps on going up to the top of the tank and staying there.I think I've read somewhere that they do this when there over fed but I'm not sure.It acts like it needs to breath fresh air instead of water. It just floats at the top and then dives back down its head is allways pointing up like when they are being fed and the body is in a sort of spear shape please help.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Is the water real clean? What type of water do you use?
    Mine would do that if there wasn't enough oxygen in the water or if the water needed cleaned.
    I was having a lot of problems keeping mine clean so I switched to natural rocks with no dye and added more of the bubble making things... as well as changed the water.
    hennyxlb Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Well I have 3 fish in a tank about 27 liters I changed half the water yesterday I have no air pump and I have only a filter witch is okay but there is still some mess at the bottom I have only 2 objects in the tank no plants etc and don't use oxygen tablets. I've only had them for 2 weeks help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:37 AM
    You need to get the mess out of the bottom. Snails or something that eats algae might be good too. And you should buy some air bubble makers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Floating fish [ 16 Answers ]

I have 6 goldfish in a 30gallon aquarium for 3yrs now. They eat floating pellets. I noticed over the couple days that one fish is swimming with its tail towards the top (almost fighting to stay down). Yesterday morning I thought it wa sdead as it was at the top of the water belly up. I went to...

Locations of Top Dead Center(TDC) Sensor 89 honda civic dx [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having troubles with how my honda has been running, the code on the computer is saying the Top Dead Center sensor, where is this located and what are any suggestions on fixing this problem?

How do I find top dead center [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mtd riding mower with a 14.5 briggs and stratton engine. It breaks shear pins every time I try to start it. I need to set the overhead valves on it. I know how to set valves with the feeler gauge but I'm not sure what the procedure is for finding top dead center before I set them. Please...

Floating Miniature Puffer Fish [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 5 gallon Eclipse Biofilter aquarium with two mini Puffers (Tetraoadon Travancorius)in it. I bought the fish three weeks ago. Two weeks ago I did my first 10% water change and the larger fish immediately started having trouble swimming and spent a great deal of time floating upside...

What's wrong with me [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I really don't know what's wrong with me. I had a two day period this week after being 2and half weeks late. With every pregnancy symptom possible but 6 negative pregnancy tests and blood test. Iam normally regular and even after period I still have sore boobs, headache, back ache, sore calfs,...

View more questions Search