Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erickbar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Water softener doesn't use any salt
    My water softener runs but never uses any salt. Any ideas as to the problem? Thanks
    radiotvman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Look for the Salt Injector" in your manual. This is the device that picks up the salt brine from the brine tank.Also could be a plugged brine tube. Check you manual for instructions on how to clean the injector and screens if any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water softener salt bridge [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore water softener about 14-18 mo. Old. For at least 5 mo. I have had a recurring salt bridge. I break it up as per manual instructions, and the salt level goes down about 1/2 inch before the salt bridge recurs. There is no odor, no discoloration, just a water softener that doesn't do...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Low water pressure new well pump is it the Water softener? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, again I called a well service Co. and they replaced my well pump. It was barely functioning. Strangly the pervious install was a 220 volt pump and it was connected to 110, and it worked. That pump was about 20 years old. The new pump is a 110 volt pump. My problem now is occasional...

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone within or adjacent to the rain forest [ 2 Answers ]

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone in the rain forest

Hydrogen sulfide in water - due to water softener? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've been trying to determine the source of a rotten eggs smell that was coming from our sinks and shower. At first I thought it was coming from the drains, and that it had to do with the septic system and/or plumbing pipes/vents. However, I have since determined that the source is the...

View more questions Search