Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msscece Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Curious of the value of a vintage Singer sewing machine 15-90 Ser. #JG696911
    Hello,

I have a vintage Singer sewing machine and table. The serial number is JG696911, which I haven't come across info on a JG series. I was told by singer that it was made on August 18, 1885 in Kilbowie. Contrary to the info that I was told it was produced from 1948-1954. I found out it's a 15-90 series. It is missing the face and bobbin cover plate and the pedal. Any help with the approximate value would be greatly appreciated.
    moldable Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 04:02 PM
    I have a JC 15-90 that was made in 1949 and the singer website it was made in St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada, but that is the only listing the have for the JC models, which is strange because I have found a number of people tracking the birthplace of their machines to Quebec, as follows...
    http://www.sewingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3047
    This person had a similar mis-stamp on their machine (it looked like a JG which doesn't match up), which they have determined it to have been made in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec, Canada. It is probably not JG, but JC. Mine has a cover plate, but with stripes instead of scrollwork- I surmise the scrollwork coverplates came from Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and the striped ones came from St. Johns. If you are missing your Face or End plate that's okay because the access cover plate is still there and showing her stripes.
    My opinion? She's from St Johns like mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vintage Brother sewing machine [ 19 Answers ]

I have a vintage Brother machine that my husband restored for me and it is in a carrying case that originally had flowery gotty fabric covering a solid wooden case. The machine is electric and doesn't look to be converted. It's a mint green color with a white stripe down the center of the top. It...

Vintage Montgomery Ward sewing machine [ 4 Answers ]

I have a vintage Montgomery Ward, Model E, sewing machine that belonged to my grandmother. I was wondering if anyone can help me find a date, or any other information on it. I do not have any paperwork or accessories to it. Here is a link to some pictures: Picasa Web Albums - Vicky - Vintage...

Vintage sewing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old vintage sewing mahine which I am having trouble making out the brand. It starts with an "S" and ends "haun or horn" The seiral number in on the plate below where the needle goes and the first 4 numbers are 2117. I have no idea what type or brand or where to look except that I've...

Vintage Singer sewing machine [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old electric singer from my great grandmother and I have no idea the information on it. I don't need value info because it's a sentimental value. I will never sell it, but I would like some knowledge about it. Does anyone know what to look for? There's no model # posted, so I don't know...

Domestic Sewing Machine No. 69 - Vintage 1919 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Domestic "69" Rotary Family Sewing Machine vintage 1919. It was manufactured by the Domestic Sewing Machine Company, Buffalo, NY. It has several spare parts and a large needle box with an assortment of needles. It is mounted on a wood cabinet that has a swing-up top that then raises the...

View more questions Search