Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casmoody Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Leaking water from sink
    The water has been turned off at the sink but it is still leaking. New washers have been installed but still leaking. What is the matter? Please help me.:confused: :confused:
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 09:41 AM
    What is brand and Model is your faucet, when you replaced the washer did you flush the faucet before assembling your faucet if not there may be debris inside the faucet, here is how you do it remove, close the angle valve remove the stem or the cartridge turn on open the angle valve for a few seconds it flush the debris out install the stem or cartridge and see what happens, I hope it will work, good Luck.

John

Sep 1, 2008, 10:48 AM
    The faucet is a Moen - I do not know the model # as it was here when I purchased the house. It is in the kitchen and has a long neck to it. Can you tell? I am a girl:) :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Did you change you change the washers yourself or some one else, if you did it yourself I would suggest to remove it and do what I suggest it on post #2, thanks.

John
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Is it a single handle fauct?

Sep 1, 2008, 03:42 PM
    No it is not a single handle and it also has a sprayer. I do not know if that has anything to do with it or not.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Let me ask this is where is the faucet leaking at and which washers did you replace?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Does your faucet looks like any of the thre e pictures, Thanks.
    Attached Images

Sep 2, 2008, 06:17 AM
    The faucet has both a hot and cold water handle and a very high neck. My son replaced both of the washers and it is still dripping. Do I need to buy a new faucet to correct this problem?
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Hello Casmoody,

Before you buy a new faucet see my post #2 I aske you remove the stems and inspect the seals that your son replaced, also flush the faucet to clear all the debris, install the stems and check for leak, good luck.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 2, 2008, 07:08 AM
    QUOTE=casmoody]The faucet has both a hot and cold water handle and a very high neck. My son replaced both of the washers and it is still dripping. Do I need to buy a new faucet to correct this problem?[/QUOTE]
    You certainly do not have to replace a Moen product since they are guaranteed for life.
    Sounds like yiou have a #7905 Two Handled Deck Faucet, (see image).
    This faucet uses #1224 cartridges, not washers. Did Sonny turn the water on for a few seconds when he had the valve open to flush out the supplies and open valve body. If not have him pull the cartridges, flush the valve and reinstall. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking bathroom sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stop a new drain leak, appears to be leaking threw threads, maybe overflow slots.

Leaking under Bathroom Sink [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would love some help. We recently discovered our bathroom sink was leaking underneath the faucet where the hose attached. We thought it would be a simple fix, and all it needed was to be tightened. We were wrong. Tightening made it worse! We then turned off the water and replace the...

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Leaking sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced a bathroom sink, when installing the drain I used plumbers putty as per instructions,I filled the sink with water to check for leaks, but where the rubber gasket on the bottom of the sink is tightened with a large nut it appears to leak through the threads. I don't want to tighten it...

New sink drainbody leaking [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, I just replaced the pop-up drain in an old bathroom sink, and I'm getting a very slow leak that appears to be coming from the threads on the drainbody immediately under the nut that secures it in place. The rubber gasket and the plastic washer are in place above the nut. I used...

View more questions Search