Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Fundraising Idea
    I'm not sure if I am in the right spot, but oh well. See, here is my idea, I am getting rid of my POS car and I thought instead of simply sending it to the junk yard, I woul hold a fundraising thing. What I would do is have the car sit in an empty field, or empty parking lot, and charge like one dollar per hit. You get to smash the car as hard as you want, as many times as you want with your choice of either a sledge hammer, or a metal baseball bat. Anyone participating would have course be wearing eye protection, and I figured how ever much I would raise by doing that, I would donate half the money made to a local charity. My question comes down to this... is there some legal thing I have to go through because money from a fundraiser will be donated to a charity? Or should I not even waste my time?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2008, 03:30 PM

Anytime you try to conduct a charitable event You have to get approvals for it. If you want to do this, I would suggest getting a local charity to sponsor it.
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 03:38 PM

How would I go about doing that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2008, 03:39 PM

Contact local charities and ask if they are interested.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 04:11 PM

Yes, you need to have the local charity sponsor the event. And they pay you a percentage.

Normally the first... people pay more, windshield first hit 10 dollars and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal Fundraising? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if it would be possible to fundraise for one's own family. I'm trying to help my son financially. He needs to go to the next step in his career which is in the music industry. He's very talented and I'm so proud of him. He went out to LA from NY last year and, like all...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Non-Profit fundraising [ 10 Answers ]

My Kids attend a catholic school that is funded only by tuition and fund raisers. The problem is they have 30 fundraiser a year that make minimal money. There are so many that they become less and less efective. How many rolls of wrapping paper can you convince people to buy.. I need direction...

Nonprofit fundraising [ 1 Answers ]

How does my parents association become non-profit in order to fundraise legally

View more questions Search