Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XtheF45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2019, 05:04 AM
    Personality disorder question
    I knew someone who had been diagnosed with anti-social personality disorder. From what I have read about the associated behaviors and symptoms, this makes sense as a diagnosis for him.
    My question is this: when a person with this disorder accuses friends, family, etc. of stealing from him, lying to him, and so on, without any evidence to support his claims, is it more likely that he believes it to be true, or that he knows he is not correct, and has convinced himself that accusing people of these things is somehow justified and/or necessary? Since he is a very effective liar, I truly wasn’t able to tell.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2019, 09:02 AM
    He firmly believes it is true even when evidence to the contrary is presented to him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2019, 09:26 AM
    It doesn't matter what mental issues he is diagnosed with by his doctors. You have probably seen enough of his words, actions and behavior to formulate your own plan of how you deal with this individual. If you cannot tell whether he is honest or real or just a drama queen NUT, then best keep a safe distance from any BS he may be involved in be it real or imagined.

That's not easy if you genuinely like the person, he may treat you well, but you don't have to take his side, or word for anything he says when it comes to your words, or actions concerning matters he is involved in, or the other people caught in his BS. Just being to close to people with issues makes you a target by association of others he has gotten on the wrong side of as I bet he poisons your opinion of them to separate you from them and keep you on his side against them.

If that's the case be aware of his manipulations, and protect your own reputation. Yes I would certainly keep my distance just for my own good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personality Disorder? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey! I think I may have a personality disorder. - I hate expressing my feelings. To anyone. - I'm rarely seen crying. Only closest friends/family have seen it - Seeing others express feelings is really weird for me and I try to avoid it. - I avoid people that are obviously depressed. They...

Anankastic personality disorder with somatization disorder [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 25, a single man. My condition concerns me for many years. More than once I was appealing to neurologists and psychiatrists. Also I was myself researching some medical information. Doctors was making diagnoses: obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety-depressive syndrome with somatization...

Personality disorder [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir, My Mother is going through a problem which is not known by us.. a brief history of her. Have heard that she had typhoid at early age His father had a second marriage and saw her mother always depressed and lonely Never got love from father Been from a depressed background...

Personality disorder [ 1 Answers ]

What makes personality diaorder an intirely meaningless and unhelpful diagnostic category? And a list of references please for further reading

Did she have a personality disorder? [ 24 Answers ]

I am trying to work out whether my ex has a personality disorder or whether we were just emotionally incompatible? I have had relationships - several. Most of them good. 3 years ago I met a girl who was down on her luck and very jealous and posessive and demanding on what she wanted - ALL OF MY...

View more questions Search