Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjacey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2017, 12:17 PM
    Considering moving to Paris, TX
    Haven't been able to find much info online for apartments in this city. Does anybody know this place and what is there? It's just me and my cat, so a studio or 1 bedroom is fine. Would love to have a balcony, dishwasher, and washer/dryer hookups (if not the actual units). The very few I have found online all say "no cats." Any input on apartments in this area or just the city in general is very welcome!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2017, 12:55 PM
    Talk to some local realtors... some of them handle private rentals that may allow for pets. Many apartment complexes will limit a certain number of units to be rented to pet owners as many people are very allergic to either cats or dogs and could not rent a unit afterwards that had one.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 31, 2017, 01:54 PM
    Because of the movie, by any chance? Harry Dean Stanton lost there, 'a place for dreams, for heartbreak, for picking up the pieces?'

It's not a very big 'city' of 25,000... not many places for rent. Mostly houses, which are cheap, but not in the best shape.
    There is a junior college, so that might be a sign of places to rent.
    But I looked, and the college doesn't show rentals.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2017, 06:14 PM
    I lived there about 20 years ago. Lots of small towns out and around the area. They have lots of small apartments but no you won't find them on internet. Many don't like pets.

You are really going to have to start looking at their Craigslist, and talk to other real estate agents.

I am sure it has changed in 20 years, but they were less friendly to women, my wife was treated less than men, One time, she went in her car to get tires changed, they called me, to make sure it was OK for the "little lady" to get them
    And they would not even rent to her (she went ahead to set up our living arrangements.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2017, 04:18 AM
    Is it possible to take a trip there yourself? Can you get a copy of the local paper? What draws you to Paris, Texas??
    rjacey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2017, 04:55 PM
    Wow, the town seems like a joy.. Thanks for your input Fr_Chuck! It would be a job transfer that would bring me in closer vicinity to family. Just want to see what I can find out before I officially ask for the job there. Could always transfer again after a year though, if it really sucks, right? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it faster to fly from paris to moscow in January or from moscow to paris [ 2 Answers ]

Is it faster to fly from paris to moscow in January or from moscow to paris Is it faster to fly from paris to moscow in January or from moscow to paris

How do I accept my dad moving on - moving into girlfriend's house [ 4 Answers ]

My parents have been divorced for almost 8 years now and I am 16, I am fine with them being divorced and I am happy how it has worked out. I live a week with each parent before I change houses which is great as I get to spend equal amount of time with both of my parents. A little while ago my...

Moving out due to roommate disputes. He is not moving. What about my deposit. [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate and I are both on the lease. Our first year is up and lease is month to month. We do not get along so I am moving. (He asked me to leave too) I notified the landlord I wanted to term lease and move. Landlord will not term unless we both do. Told me, He would not give me my deposit...

A slow moving ocean current will produce the same amount of energy as a faster moving [ 0 Answers ]

Higher density Lower density Higher pressure Lower temperature None of these are correct; they cannot produce the same amount of energy.

Moving washer & dryer connections, adding a shower, moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a lot for one question, but bear w/ me. We have a half bath in which our full size w/d connections are located. We would like to move them to the kitchen, about 15 ft away. We do have a pier and beam house. Any ideas on how much that would cost? Also, we want to put a bathtub...

View more questions Search