Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BobCristo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Hair Fall -- Baldness
    Hi ,

I'm of 26 years and unfortunately ,suffering with dandruff and hair fall and slowly leading to bald head. I would like to know the vitamin supplements to avoid the hair fall.. Which vitamin could help in prevention and what are the fruits, vegetables etc where we can find a good alternative for this..

Thanks
    Bob
    emeraldeyes Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2006, 04:36 AM
    Hello Bob,

I can understand what you are going through. I started to lose some hair and also had my hair thinning out. What I did was stop using all this strong shampoos and started using clarify shampoos. All those Shampoos like Pantene that have strong chemicals that would in time made my hair weak and cause to fall out. I had bad dandruff as well. My dandraff started to calm down when I stop using those Shampoos. You might want to go to a Sally's Beauty Store or on-line that will help clear your dandruff. I used some shampoos at Sally's that helped me. As for your hair falling, I hear Saw Palmetto-herb can help. It says that it helps slow down and improve the DHT(Dihydrotesterone) which is a biologically active metabolite of the hormone testosterone, formed primarily prostate gland, testes and in your case the hair follicles which a chemical imbalance usually happens. What causes this chemical imbalance DHT is stress and/or improper diet/overweight and exhaustion can that cause hair loss. I remember being so stress out and even getting more stress out when I was losing hair. I would find things to do that would release/relief my tension and stress, that helped a lot too. Everyone is different and so it can take a while to find what can help you the most. I don't know what kind fruits or veggies you can take that will help you but I'm pretty sure if you continue taking your fruits and veggies it will improve the chemical imbalance of your hair loss.

My boyfriend is 27 and started losing his hair at the age of 17. He didn't go to any doctors to find out why he was losing hair. It was weird to me though because it doesn't run in his family. But that doesn't matter to me because I fell in love with him because he is good to me and he was there for me for support when my hair was falling & thinning out. I hope I was of some help to you. I do wish you the best of luck! Take Care!
    [email protected] Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 29, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Hi Bob,
    Most people have no idea what the personal care products they use every day are doing to them. As an example, in 1990, 38,000 cosmicetic injuries were reported in the US that required medical attention. Health concerns are cotinuously being raised about ingredients in shampoos, toothpastes, skin creams, and other personal products. In fact, researchers in Japan, Germany, Switzerland, and the US say many ingredients in personal care products may be related to premature baldness, cataract formation, environmental cancers, contact dermatitis and possible eye damage in young children.
    The National Institute of Occuptional Safety and Health has found that 884 chemicals available for use in cosmetics have reported to the US Government as toxic substances. 134 of them can cause cancer. So why are these potentially harmful ingredients allowed in personal care products at all?
    In 1938 the US Government created a legal definition for cosmetics by passing The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. Cosmetic were defined as products for `cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance.` In this definition, a cosmetic is defined `in terms of its intended purpose rather than in terms of the ingredients with which it is formulated`.Although the Food and Drug Administration classifies cosmetics, incredibly it does not regulate them. According to a document posted on the agency`s website:`a cosmetic manufacter may use any ingredient or raw material and market the final products without government approval.
    So, let the battle-cry be: Go through the house and toss out all those chemicals, and get those non-toxic substites for toothpastes, cosmetics, detergents, polishers, spays and deodorants, or whole bathroom change-out kits. To help your hair to grow back, start taking your essential nutritional supplements. You will need to shop around hard for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will Fan Fall? And Wobble... [ 5 Answers ]

FINALLY finished installing a ceiling fan today (long story) and wanted to know if it could fall down. I accidentally over tightened the setscrew on the hanger ball while attaching it to the downrod and the screw head broke off. There was about 1/16 in. thread left on the piece I broke off and...

Fall from Grace for Lucifer [ 4 Answers ]

What book of the Bible discusses how and why Lucifer angel decided to go out on his own: what is the basic summary of what happened? Does the Bible describe this angel as the top angel and how was it that he decided to stray from God's word? It's a little confusing, as heavan and angels are...

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

Stucco continues to fall off [ 2 Answers ]

On the North side of my house the stucco continues to fall off. I had the whole house restuccoed 4 year ago and since then I've had 4 different companies try to repair. The area is approx 12 x 15 where the stucco won't stick. There used to be a water softener on that side of the house where a...

View more questions Search