Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa1111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2013, 02:30 PM
    7 weeks but scan shows nothing ?
    I went for an u/s 6 weeks after last menstrual period(last week). There was nothing. I went back a week later (today) so should be about 7 weeks but still nothing. Last period was on the 5 June 2013. The nurse told me to come back again next week. I am 100% sure of my lmp date. And my period is very regular (every 28-29 days). I read somewhere that conception can happen up until 20 days after day 1 of lmp. Is this true? If it is then it would explain a lot. Otherwise please advice. Thanku
    Ps- how many weeks generally until scan shows fetus?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2013, 03:29 PM
    The embryo should be very visible at 7 weeks. Did you test positive before having 2 scans? Maybe you are just skipping a month. 'Very regular' is always going to be subject to that month or year when you change or aren't regular for a while.
    I'm sure there are women who have conceived after the 20th day. There are many variables regarding ovulation, plus the sperm can take 3 days to meet and greet the egg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early pregnancy scan says I'm 5-6 weeks... When I should be 5 weeks? [ 3 Answers ]

I received an early Pregnancy scan today. I should only be 5 weeks tomorrow they were able to see the baby and estimated 5 weeks and four days... how does this work??

Ford 2000 f250 7.3 power stroke run rough scan shows ebp low,high, [ 0 Answers ]

Was told to change ebp sensor front of engine, did not change a thing. Once engine warm up service engine light gose out. Now light stays on runs rough now told to replace temp sensor, was also told could be exhaust back pressure unit on the turbo?

Hcg urine test is positive but scan shows no gestation.what is the problem? [ 2 Answers ]

Hcg urine test is positive but scan shows no gestation.what is the problem?

Scan at 12 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 9 weeks, my first scan is at week 12. Is that too early to make out the sex?? How far in the pregnancy can you make out the sex? Thanks.

View more questions Search