Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lstrength Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Grants for felons
    HI. I'm interested in finding information about grants available for released prison inmates. This information would need to be useful in assisting them in starting businesses, buying a home or just anything in general in helping them and their families getting back on their feet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 05:41 PM
    No there is no special grants just because someone decided to be acriminal and break the law. There are grants for many things that they can apply for like anyone else.

There are at times grants for half way houses, for inmate training programs and the such, for people to set up to try and help felons
    reyes lujan Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2008, 11:55 PM
    In Texas they have Project RIO. It helps inmates find a job and get started with life when they get out. I wish you the best of luck.
    GrantGopher Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2008, 01:56 AM
    I haven't run across any grant programs for felons. However, I know there are nonprofit groups that specialize in return to work programs and other such assistance. Since I don't know where you are located, I can't point you toward any specific group.

My best advice is not to focus your search on finding a grant. Focus your search on finding a nonprofit group in your city. Also, your city social services department may have information to help you.
    saintmenot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 09:05 PM
    My opinion is of an ex-felon and as one i know the difficulties in finding work. I am in the process of starting my own business so i don't have to worry about whether i will have a job tomorrow. Fr_chuck im sorry if you have a problem with ex-felons and maybe you don't think we deserve a chance to succeed because we got caught making mistakes. Nobodies perfect but some of us are just trying to make something of ourselves. Do not judge us, for you may get caught making a mistake that you can't take back... we're all human. Good luck to all who is not perfect and trying to make themselves a better more prosperous individual... i applaud you!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for convicted felons [ 69 Answers ]

I want to know if there are any grants for convicted felons ?:)

Gov grants for convicted felons [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where and how I get started, to apply for a grant that helps felons start there own bossiness. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you

Grants or assistance for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any info on rehabilitated convicted felons getting help for college to become a chemical dependency counsler

Grants for convicted felons [ 1 Answers ]

Would like to know any info on any grants for convicted federal felons

View more questions Search