Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Freewheel Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 12:23 AM
    Introducing Myself
    I am an inventor 38, based in kenya. I am so glad to find this site as I have something to offer and at the same time in need of assistance from experts. Mine is an invention which after years and years of developing and repeated analysis and consultation, know that it works. Through all these years, I have found no one who after going through its principles of operation desputes its operation. Any one out there who can help?
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:00 AM

Welcome to the forums!

Hmm... well, you state it's an invention, but you didn't say an invention for what.

What exactly are you looking for help with? Getting a patent? Making a prototype? Getting your invention known?
    Depending on what it is, and what you need, different people may need be able to help you.
    More information is needed.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 02:09 AM
    Hi, Freewheel!

Since your introduction for yourself was more about your invention than an introduction, I moved it to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to get the attention that it deserves and noticed and addressed by those who will be the best to help you.

Introductions is for introductions only, and we try to not ask questions in that forum topic area.

We would appreciate it, if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us more about yourself, if you would be willing to do that.

I do also hope that you will respond to the questions that HelpinHere has asked of you.

Thanks!

Aug 14, 2009, 02:34 AM

Thanks Clough and HelpinHere,
    Sorry I forgot and placed a question in what was supposed to be an introduction. Well, I will redo my introduction. As for the invention, it concerns a wheel which is capable of harnessing gravitational power for electrical energy generation, by attaining continuous rotation- being driven by gravity. I know this may sound strange or a contravention of science laws. But I can state that the invention is real, practical and fullfils all science laws. It concerns conversion of energy and not creation of energy. It is clear from where the energy is coming from and it can be measured. I will outlay the steps taken to achieve this later.
    I already have a patent for it given by the Kenya Industrial Property institute. I however will need assistance in acquiring more patents from various nations including America. I am also seeking assistance from any individual or institution and am willing to enter into agreement with whoever is willing to give me financial, intellectual or any other assistance. Though I am capable of building a working prototype given the finances, I need more people to be involved in developing it into an industrial product as I cannot do it on my own. There has to be improvement in its efficiency and durability which will be attained well if more 'heads' are involved.

Thanks

Aug 14, 2009, 03:12 AM
    Just to give a brief outlay of the invention, Four main steps were taken to achieve a state of constant imbalance on a wheel.
    1. The wheel was made as an + shaped structure made to rotate around its middle (where the two planes intersect). This was in an attempt to find a way of attaching four weights on it to make it balanced.
    2. Separation of the Clockwise and Anticlockwise moments acting on the wheel. The weights attached on the wheel are attached through a system of cogs and gears in such a way that the two weights on the vertical beam (or plane) are responsible for the clockwise moment and the two weights on the horizontal beam are responsible for the anticlockwise moment. In this case the wheel is still balanced but provides an opportunity for step 3.
    3. Creating a state of imbalance. Constant imbalance is that state whereby the wheel experiences more force in one of the moments and thus made to rotate. In our structure, since the two moments have been separated, it means that if the weights on the vertical beam are 'canceled' such as providing support for them, only the clockwise moment will be reduce( canceled) leaving the wheel under the influence of the anticlockwise moment and thus it rotates. In this machine this is attained by using buoyant weights and dipping the wheel a little bit into some stagnant water so that for about 35 degrees of rotation, a weight is in water and is seemingly 'weightless' with respect to the wheel. This however only provides support for one weight instead of both- but at least it creates enough imbalance.
    4. Maintaining Imbalance for continuous rotation. The way in which the weights are attached ensures that they shift their position on the place of attachment as the wheel rotates. This shifting is aimed at ensuring that the vertical plane has maximum anticlockwise force when exactly on the vertical position but begins to decrease in this force as the wheel rotates. At the same time, it begins to attain increase in clockwise force. At 45 degrees rotation, the two forces are equal and beyond that the anticlockwise moment becomes more and increases to a maximum when the beam is in the horizontal position. In this way, despite rotation the horizontal beam will always be causing anticlockwise moment and the vertical beam causing clockwise moment. The wheel will then be always imbalanced so long as it has been placed into stagnant water and will rotate. Where there are some breakages in this imbalance as when none of the weights is in water (depending on some machine parts dimensions) two more beams can be added to make the wheel have eight weights instead of four to attain smooth rotation.

I have a Full detailed explanation. It also can be sorced by contacting the Kenya Intellectual Property Institute.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 14, 2009, 04:02 AM

Are you saying you have invented a perpetual motion device?

Aug 14, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Yes, the invention is a perpetual motion device.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 01:55 PM

Perpetual motion until the water evaporates! :D

Anyway, some specifics of how this would work are escaping me, but I do get the gist of how this will work.

Sounds all right to me, except, does this mean that it will spin in one direction perpetually, or it will alternate?
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Aug 14, 2009, 03:37 PM

What you have is a theory, not an invention, you don't have a prototype yet. You don't need others' help, just make a prototype and sell your "electicity to your neighbours, you will be a millionair by 14/8/2010. If this invention of your actually work, you don't event need a patent. You just produce and sell electricity and have arm guards with guns surround your invention

Aug 14, 2009, 11:32 PM

Build a prototype and test it.

Aug 15, 2009, 06:34 AM

The wheel will rotate continuously in one direction. In this case- the anticlockwise direction, and not alternate. Sure :-) it would only stop when the water evaporates.

Building the prototype has been the major challenge for me. This is in fact what I have been striving to do for years. First of all I have been unable to raise the required funds all at once from my earnings and It has not been easy to get assistance. The machine parts require precision. I however managed to make a structure closest to the prototype by modifying parts of 8 hand drills and joining them togather onto a wooden structure. This was with the aim of showing practically that the two forces-clockwise and anticlock wise moments, can be separated. This is very clearly shown in the structure. By removing weights on the vertical plane, the structure exhibited more anticlockwise moment and when the weights on the horizontal are removed, it exhibited more clockwise moment.I had this structure videotaped and I have the recorded tape. The actual prototype has to be all metal except for the weights, and has to have particular dimensions to give enough difference of the two moments when dipped in water. The total weight of the wheel must also not be too much as compared to the weight of one of the weights used as this means the resultant force created to rotate the wheel may be too small and may even be cancelled out by friction particularly if the machine is too small. It also means as much of the total weight as possible should be on the four weights and not on the rest of the metal structure used to make the wheel. This is because the actual force to move the wheel is equivalent to the weight supported, in addition to the mechanical advantage it causes on the lever on which it is attahced ( i.e. the lever length is imprtant, the longer the better).For this reason, each of the machine parts has to be forged from scratch and not bought specially the gears. This is a bit too expensive though it can be done in local Engineering firms. I have not been able to raise enough capital to be able to do this as well as catter for other related costs.
    So my situation is like a common paradox of "the chicken and the egg" You can get either from the other. With the prototype, I will without doubt make money- but also I need money to make the prototype, and I have non of the two.
    This is why I joined this site. To get anyone or organisatoin that is willing to take the journey with me and we reap the benefits togather.

Thanks
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Aug 15, 2009, 01:21 PM

Your "invention" is only a theory, you need a prototype to prove it is an invention. The existing wind turnbine technology work better than your theory, if yours work.

Aug 16, 2009, 12:12 AM

The existing wind turbine technology requires wind, which is not a constant force.
    A perpetual motion device is superior because it generates its own self propulsion.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:16 AM

I think that he means the technology that is already here helps the world more than a theory that doesn't do anything as of yet.

If he can get a working prototype, and it really works as planned, then it could be just the next revolutionary invention to help change the energy we receive today.

Aug 18, 2009, 07:45 AM
    I agree, A working prototype is an indisputable prove of an invention. I still think it is not the only prove especially in the mechanical type of machines where operation depends on moving parts which can be decisively analyzed and tested without the prototype. The description I gave earlier shows the four clear steps which if proven, then proves the machines operation. I tested and proved all of these steps practically by making machine parts which worked as expected. It is only that the dimensions used in those parts was out of what was required in the prototype. How can I proceed with this? Is it possible to get assistance to develop a prototype? Let me put it this way - I have a complete design of the prototype but lack the resources to build it. I don't necessarily need the money. Even anyone who can be willing to build the design available. How do I go about this?
    Hardy23 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 12:10 AM

Its nice to see you Freewheel. I too a new member in this forum.

Dec 14, 2009, 08:45 AM

Its been some time now since my last post. I have worked on my invention and I have now very good results. I have posted good information on my blog : eric-esere.blogspot.com
    If anyone is inerested, please have a look and tell me what you think about it.
    Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search