Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaishaJayne Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Dog crying?
    I have a 2 year old Golden retriever/German shepard cross, and she's female. The past few days she's been crying, then she goes to lay on her bed, she just randomly cries. She's eating and wants to play etc, but we have no idea why that could be? She hasn't been spayed, no, and there's a lot of stress in the house at the moment. Could that be part of it? I'd love to know why she's crying, so we know if she's okay. Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 07:08 AM
    I am glad you mentioned the stress. Dogs are very good at reading our emotions. If we are stressed, the dogs pick it up. They have no idea what the problem is, but you can worry your dog sick. Still it would hurt to have a vet check. Even though the problem is likely emotional, it could confidently be a physical problem on top of whatever stress you are having.

Ask about spaying too. There is no good reason not to with a female cross bred. Besides reducing behavior problems, it eliminates the hassle of her seasons. Their behavior becomes more extreme weeks before the bleeding starts. Then they will make strenuous, creative efforts to escape. Once loose, getting bred is minor compared to some of the other things that can happen to a dog running loose. Unplanned breeding or even a bath or swim can cause expensive to cure if not fatal infections. Spaying prevents many cancers later. Having her spayed will make life easier for both her and you. Check Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. and see how many dogs in your area need homes. Many of the excess dogs come from accidental breeding. If money problems are part of the stress, sometimes you can find low cost spay/neuter clinics.
    KaishaJayne Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Yes, money problems are part of the stress, as is moving house in a few weeks. My mum had a baby in October, do you think that could be part of it as well?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Dogs find new babies fascinating. The baby could be starting to be more active now, changing the dynamics of the family. Be sure to give her good leadership. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Crying after grooming [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, 2 days ago I had my cocker spaniel groomed professionally for the first time. Usually my husband has done her grooming. Since she has been groomed she acts as if she has a piece of poo stuck on her butt, she does not want to walk and when she does walk she walks as if trying to hide her...

Crying after orgasm [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal after a big orgasm to cry?

Pregnant Dog crying [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog is pregnant. We breed her on April 8th and now all of a sudden last night she was real uncomfortable and crying. If we talked with her or petted her she was fine. Tonight she started the same. She is eating fine. Isn't it a little early? Do you think the pups are just moving around and she...

Crying Heart That No One Can See [ 13 Answers ]

Please EVERYONE Please HELP ME I Love a Girl and she used 2 like me 2, but then I don't know but suddenly everything is changing, I'm not sure mayb its my thoughts but what I need help is.. How can I impress her How can I create a place in her heart How can I show her that I love her a lot...

3 year old female dog keeps crying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old female dog,She loves to play with small stuffed toys.In the last week she has started crying and does not really have any energy to do anything.She carrys these toys around with her and crys all the time.She will take them all to her bed and lay on them and then one by one she...

View more questions Search