Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brenda31665wi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Leaky shower drain
    Hello, what do I use to seal the drain in a stand up shower? Caulk? Silicone? Will I be able to use the shower the next day?

Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 9, 2006, 08:02 AM
    Hi Brenda,

Make very sure it's dry under the lip of the drain and force Silicon Jel under the lip all the way around. Wipe off the excess, do not step on the shower floor, let it set over night and rub-a-dub in style the next morning. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky kitchen drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My kitchen sink drain pipe leaks where the black U-shaped (p-trap?) screws onto the straight pipe from the sink. I've read that there is supposed to be a plastic ring or fitting that goes between the two pipes inside, and then plumbers tape on the threads where it screws together. Is...

Leaky drain pipe from shower and sink [ 1 Answers ]

The drain pipe from bathroom sink and shower is leaking through the ceiling into the kitchen below. Can this pipe be replaced without breaking through bathroom floor?

Leaky Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single handle shower. The brand is Kohler devonshire. It drips constantly. I have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated Rich

40 year old leaky shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've looked at all the other leaky shower drain posts which all seem to be pvc piping. What a great service this is! This is a second story shower with hard wood underneath so I can't see the pipes. A local plumber showed me this after he cut a hole in my ceiling and charged me $50 and...

Another leaky shower drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! A few weeks after moving into our (12 year old) house, we noticed moisture coming through the ceiling. The upstairs shower is right above the wet spot. We called our warranty company, and they sent out a technician who said that it was the shower drain, which has a crack in it (but of...

View more questions Search