Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lars01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 10:30 PM
    Is my sand filter leaking sand in the pool?
    Is my sand filter leaking sand in the pool? Yellowish/grey residue matter is coming into my pool, especially whilst vacuuming. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    poolman64 Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2010, 05:06 PM

Well, if it is sand it will look exactly like sand. To be precise it will look like #20 silica sand which is fairly large grains. What you are describing sounds more like algae and dead algae to me.
    If you are vacuuming this sort of stuff out of the pool, some is fine enough that it is passing through the sand bed in the filter and returning to the pool. If it truly is sand, you have some broken laterals or other parts inside the filter.
    mnpoolboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 06:06 PM
    One easy way to tell if it is your sand from filter, is the sand is mainly in front of your returns in a "V" shape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's About a Muskin Sand Filter! [ 2 Answers ]

With in the past couple of weeks, I was given a whole pool with all the accessories that you could get, the sand filter that came with it is by Muskin leisure products. I have been looking online for any type of information on it but I have come up with nothing. There in no model# on it or...

Filter Sand [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between using pool filter sand and using play sand? Some people tell me they use play sand for their filters but I'm not sure. I'm the one that will have to deal with bad results if I use play sand. Any ideas?

Sand Filter is blowing out sand into my pool [ 3 Answers ]

Lately when I backwash my above ground pool, the filter blows out sand into the water. What causes this? When backwashing the filter, I turn off the pump, turn the dial to backwash and turn the pump on low. Is the pump supposed to be on during the backwash and rinse cycle?

Sand filter is leaking from top - try to repair or replace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Jacuzzi sand filter for my I/g pool - approx age 18 years. Over the last two seasons it has dribbled a bit from the top whenever I change the filter setting (e.g. to backwash, drain, or back to normal pool operation mode). The drips would stop after a few minutes of regular operation. ...

Sand filter [ 1 Answers ]

After our pool is cleaned, an hour later there will be sand on the bottom of the pool again. What is the prob? :( :eek: :confused:

View more questions Search