Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    autnot2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Ceiling fan mounted at peak of vaulted ceiling
    Is there a way to attractively mount a ceiling fan at the peak of a vaulted ceiling?
    hbolero Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by autnot2 View Post
    Is there a way to attractively mount a ceiling fan at the peak of a vaulted ceiling?
    You must make a box out of metal or wood to fit tight into the V of the vaulted ceiling, and flat on bottom to mount electrical box. Box should be shellow type. Make sure the fan safety line is attached to the solid wood on ceiling. Good luck.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 12:01 PM

You could make this box, but you could also buy it at a home improvement center. They carry them, and for different angles too. Don't know if there's a menards near you but they have them there
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 06:50 PM

Yes they make a decorative wooden wedge that fits in the ceiling peak and mounts the box. I forget where they sell them I've seen them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a vaulted ceiling and want to install a ceiling fan. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a ceiling fan and want to know how to make it look good installing a baox to hold the wiring and fan.

Interior louvers @ peak of cathedral ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

At the 20ft peak of my cathedral ceiling there is a triangular louvered vent opening out the gable end. It's currently blocked with a thin piece of paneling (probably not the most energy efficient solution for a house in Maine). I can see how the vent might be useful in the summer though. ...

Hanging ceilling fan from vaulted ceiling [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 21 foot ceiling and I want to replace a ceiling fan. I have several questions: 1) the ceilling fan I purchased was from Home Depot, Hampton Bay, 52" Pointe Vecchio model # AC434-WB and in the specifications is says maximum hanging height is 12 feet. What does this mean? Is it 12 feet...

Pointing register up to vaulted ceiling [ 6 Answers ]

In my apartment, the living room has a vaulted ceiling. I live in Florida so it's about 92 outside, and there is so much heat just sitting up in the ceiling. The heat is too high up to be felt when standing on the floor, but it prevents the living room from ever getting cool. Not much air comes out...

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search