Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twanger2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 04:06 PM
    How does the dr locate hernia before surgery if no tests or x-rays have been taken?
    How does the dr locate hernia day of surgery if no tests or x-rays have been taken?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 16, 2013, 04:16 PM
    There are a number of different types of hernia and each has a pretty specific presentation. If you have been examined by a doctor and they are proceeding with an operation then you can be pretty darn sure that they know exactly what needs to be done!

I hope that puts your mind at ease!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain years after hernia surgery [ 13 Answers ]

I've had hernia repair surgery (inguinal) and now (4 or 5 years later) I am experiencing a lot of pain around that same area. Pain spreads to my thigh, back, and testicle. After intense research (whatever that was worth) I discovered I may have done something to my inguinal ligament, as I have...

Doctor says no to surgery for hernia [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a hernia for 3yrs now and I hurt more and seem to be gaining weight but my dr doesn't want to give me surgery. Should I have surgery?

Does Hernia need surgery ? [ 1 Answers ]

My older brother is 50 years old. He has been complaining of lower abdomen pains, especially when he bends down or moves his body (like get in and out of a car). He thought it was a muscle or something but it did not go away. After a trip to the doc he was told he has Hernia and needs surgery. Can...

Training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Help Desk, I had inguinal hernia first on the right side and later (4 months ago) on the left, as well. I would like to ask for your advice about the training after the surgery. Can I go to the gym and lift weights or I should find an alternative way to train my body?? Now I swimm...

Weight training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?

View more questions Search