Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1960all Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Divorced parents-payment obligations
    My husband's 27 year old daughter (my step daughter) is planning her wedding and seems to think that the 'father of the bride" is to pay for everything (with her mother contributing no financial assistance). Is this etiquette or manipulation? Doesn't "parents" of the bride imply a split of expenses?
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Nov 7, 2009, 11:59 AM

There is no hard and fast rule to who pays. It in not the obliqation of the father to pay for everything. If the parents of the couple can and would like to pay they can. At 27 I would think the marrying couple could pay for their wedding. Your husband if he chooses can pay what he would like. If he is going to help finacally he had better be very clear about the amount/what he will pay for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parents are getting divorced, what do I do? [ 35 Answers ]

Hi, First let me apologize if this is too long or annoying, I just really need help. To sum this up my parents have been married for about 20 years now. I am their oldest child (male, 16) and there's my little sister (14). My dad went on holiday for about 2 weeks and came back 2 days ago. He...

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

Parents are Divorced [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 15 and I live in MN, USA. My parents are divorced and I want to go live w/ my Dad but I'm not sure if I have that choice yet?

Divorced Parents [ 8 Answers ]

I am 15, turning 16 in October. My parents have been divorced since I can remember. I visit my dad every other weekend. My question is when I turn 16, I plan to go to more parties and such because I can drive. How do I separate from the dad? On those weekeds I would rather do other things, it...

Divorced parents [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's daughter is getting married. Her mother is not married, but living with someone. At the wedding the daughter would like her mom and dad to dance together. Is this proper etiquette. My husband wanted me to find out the correct procedure. Thank you

View more questions Search