Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beverlybutters Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Second Floor Noise
    We are in a condo and can hear everything coming from the second floor - walking, toilets, shower, etc. The upstairs neighbors are friendly and ameniable to a solution. How do we eliminate or reduce the noise?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 06:07 PM

The void between your ceiling and their floor needs to be heavily insulated. I'd call 3 pros and ask for an estimate to open your ceiling in several spots to blow in insulation and then retape the drywall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud rumbling noise in floor when flushing the toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have two bathrooms side by side on the top floor and one downstairs on the main floor. When flushing the toilet in one of the bathrooms on the top floor, you hear and feel a loud rumble in the floor in the bathroom beside it. We replaced the toilet in the downstairs bathroom a few...

Noise from Pipes and a warm floor [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed that my hall way floor across from my bathroom is warm and the pipes are starting to make noise. Before my husband jackhammers the floor, where would be the best place to find the problem. With a warm floor and pipes with noise, my husband is afraid that there could be a broken pipe. ...

Floor Drain Backing Up - Toilet Gurgling *bloob* *bloob* noise [ 3 Answers ]

First, basic information on the home: House built in 1956, interior completely redone (looks brand new) - plumbing, not too sure Single-Story House on Slab Foundation 1320 sq.ft 1 Bath Well Septic (Checked and Pumped - Oct. 2007) Located in Michigan - Metro Detroit

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

Loud cracking noise under ceramic tiles on concrete slab floor. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Florida and my home was built in 1994. Last night I was woken up by a very loud cracking noise under my floor tiles in the laundry room off the garage. None of the tiles broke,but now when I walk on them it sounds like there is loose mortar underneath them. My question is... what...

View more questions Search