Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjclark11 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 05:06 AM
    Furnace Gas Kicks Off
    Im going to follow the "please answer" before I ask here.

Manufacturer:
    Goodman (installed new in 2002)

Efficiency: Natural draft,

Type of system:
    Forced air

Type of fuel:
    NG

I swithced the breaker on and off and it made no difference.

Here's the issue. THe furnace turns on the big fan, then the little fan, then the igniter comes on, then the valve opens for the gas, then the ignotor shuts off after I get flame. Sounds normal right? Well about 5 minutes into normal operation the gas suddenly turns off along iwht the small fan(the large squirell cage stays running all time).. about 60 seconds later the snall fan starts back up, ignitor, gas etc. normal operation again. EVERY 5 MINUTES until the temp in the house is correct then everything shuts off normally. I replaced an ignotor last year. It seems like the temp is getting too hot I there and a asensor is hutting it off until it cools. How do I know this and where are the sensors? Any help is appreciated. Stephen
    sjclark11 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sjclark11

Manufacturer:

Type of system:
    forced air

Type of fuel:
    NG

Heres the issue. THe furnace turns on the big fan, then the little fan, then the igniter comes on, then the valve opens for the gas, then the ignotor shuts off after I get flame. Sounds normal right? Well about 5 minutes into normal operation the gas suddenly turns off along iwht the small fan(the large squirell cage stays running all time).. about 60 seconds later the snall fan starts back up, ignitor, gas etc. normal operation again. EVERY 5 MINUTES until the temp in the house is correct then everything shuts off normally. I replaced an ignotor last year. It seems like the temp is getting too hot i there and a asensor is hutting it off until it cools. How do I know this and where are the sensors? Any help is appreciated. Stephen
    Go it. Checked resistance across the auxiliary limit switch when it was shutting off and got nothing. I then jumped the switch with a length of wire and it ran perfectly for the correct length of time. I replaced the aux. limit switch and also had to replace the ROS at the blower because I coundlt get the gas valve to open after replaceing the aux limit swtich. You can't beat the error codes, the schematic and a volt meter for trouble shooting.
    red70458 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sjclark11

Manufacturer:

Type of system:
    forced air

Type of fuel:
    NG

Heres the issue. THe furnace turns on the big fan, then the little fan, then the igniter comes on, then the valve opens for the gas, then the ignotor shuts off after I get flame. Sounds normal right? Well about 5 minutes into normal operation the gas suddenly turns off along iwht the small fan(the large squirell cage stays running all time).. about 60 seconds later the snall fan starts back up, ignitor, gas etc. normal operation again. EVERY 5 MINUTES until the temp in the house is correct then everything shuts off normally. I replaced an ignotor last year. It seems like the temp is getting too hot i there and a asensor is hutting it off until it cools. How do I know this and where are the sensors? Any help is appreciated. Stephen
    Check your pressure switch or one of your limit switches are out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 nights my furnace has been blowing out cold air. I have a furnace which is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the piolet. I did everything from cutting off the gas valve and power to furnace. When I restarted everything back up, the furnace came on but no air...

Gas Furnace problems [ 7 Answers ]

My Evcon/Coleman propane furnace is starting up but the pilot lite will not ignite... When you set it to come on it kicks on but there is no fire through the peep hole.It is about 11 years old. Does anyone have any advise on what the problem could be?

Goodman gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a newly installed Goodman gas furnace.It's 93%efficiency natural gas ,forced air,model #capf3o30b6ah Does not blow out very warm air , is this normal.

Home gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My gas home heating system turns of suddenly and the desired temperature has not been reached. This started happening 2 days ago. When we go to bed we lower the temperature to 58 degrees and when we are up in the morning we raise the temperature to 68 degrees. Yesterday morning I raised...

Gas furnace [ 14 Answers ]

Igot a 1972 carrer furnace it catches fire at the spud part of burner I got 11.5 inch watter column preasure on line you can cut it off turn it back on and it burns good blaze looks good I need some comet on air ajustment or what might be causing this I have cleaned the burners , thanks.

View more questions Search