Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2tall66 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Set Blower motor start time?
    Manufacturer = Inter City Furnace
    Manufacture Date = 1991
    Type = Forced air - up draft (house is on a slab)
    Fuel = Nat Gas

The furnace cycles on and off correctly BUT it seems that the blower motor takes a long time to turn on - the flame is burning for maybe a minute(?) before the blower starts.

Is there a setting that has gone out of adjustment? Something I can adjust?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 13, 2006, 10:53 PM
    That sounds normal. The gas turns on firdt and heats the furnace then the blower blows the hot air out. If not for a control that does this you would have cold drafts all the time with the blower running without heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor cuts out [ 2 Answers ]

The blower motor on my furnace cuts out when I turn on the AC. I have the unit set to run the fan continuously and when turning on the AC the fan quits. The motor is a direct drive to the squirrel cage. I cleaned the cage and motor and reinstalled. The motor runs but does not seem to be moving...

Heater blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

Blower kicks on for a short time and then kicks off. It cycles repeatly, is it possibly hysterisis of the thermostat setting or furnace related? The model of our unit is: Intertherm Model 911030. It operates normally when there is a large differential between the temperature and thermostat...

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

THere is no air blowing when the heat is on. The furnace does come on but no air blows. If I turn the heat off and manually turn the fan on the air blows. If I leave the fan switch in the on position and turn the heat on the air stops.

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

View more questions Search