Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snikerdoodle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Dryer - 2 thermostats which to replace?
    Hi,

- My Kenmore Gas Dryer 11097529120 is running Warm, but not Hot as it used to.

- Repairman said I need a new thermostat.

- Repair center can't seem to tell me which ONE I need (getting conflicting info), (but based on repairman I only need one replaced.)

- Thermostat 150 degrees

OR

- Thermostat 205 degrees

Can you tell by the fact that dryer gets warm, but not hot, which is the one that most likely needs replaced?

Thank you very much.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Do you have a multi meter to test?

Jan 27, 2008, 11:29 AM
    No I don't have a mm to test. (and really can't afford one, if there might be another way to figure out which one is broken thermostat)

Thanks.
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 11:36 AM
    For test purposes only!! Jumper around each, one at a time, to tell which one is bad. Then replace bad one. DO NOT run with it jumpered out!!

Jan 27, 2008, 11:39 AM
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what jumpered means!
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Jumpered means to remove the wires for the thermostats and connect the wire directly to each other. UNPLUG UNIT FROM OUTLET BEFORE ATTEMPTING. If you are uncomfortable around electricity, DO NOT ATTEMPT. To be honest with you, themostats are not very expensive, less than $15.00 each, you may be better off replacing both of them in the matter of safety
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Go to Appliance Parts from RepairClinic.com - HomePage and put in your model # for pricing on parts and to order

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace Thermal Limiter on Frigidaire Dryer [ 8 Answers ]

Our Frigidaire Dryer will not turn on... According to the troubleshooting guide, we should replace the Thermal Limiter. I cannot figure out how to take the back of the dryer off to replace this part. Can you give me some very detailed instructions. Thanks. Natalie

Replace Thermal Limiter on Frigidaire Dryer [ 25 Answers ]

I have just read the information on this great site because I have the same thing happening to my dryer now. I think I have tested the correct part and it still comes up with "0" for the test reading. Is there another step after this... HHHEEEELLLPPPPP:confused:

Replace heating element in a Kenmore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have picture or directions on how to replace the heating element . I am in AZ and the dryer is back home in CA, so I do not have the model , but I can get it if it is needed to answer mymquestion. Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

How can I replace separate thermostats with one? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm very confused, so the question may be long and confusing as well, I endeavor to be precise. Please remember, this question is about thermostats. I have a three story house, levels are named B, 1, and 2. There are two A/C units, and one heating unit. Main A/C handles B and 1, Secondary...

View more questions Search