Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arocep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 08:53 PM
    2 month old 1,100.00 Whirlpool refrigerator dripping water on freezer side only.
    Our problem is we have water dripping down the back wall of the freezer to the bottom tray. The water is not hitting the floor yet. Hopefully we caught it soon enough.

This is happening in our new whirlpool model #ED5HGXSB00 that we bought 2-3 months ago from Best Buy. It is a side by side frigerator with ice in the door. We have not hooked up our home water line to it yet. So no ice yet in the door.

I just put a thermometer in the freezer side and a 2nd thermometer in the fridge side. Will let you know what the temp is on a later posting.

What should we do?

1. Call Best Buy? 2. Call Whirlpool? 3. Call a refigerator repair man?

Thanks in advance:

: ) Arocep
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 09:04 PM
    I would call whirlpool tech. support, it may be something simple. I'm not familiar with that model or why it would be doing that. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer door won't close flush on side-by-side [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side freezer/fridge. The storage shelves on the freezer door "hit" the mullion wall when closing and the door won't seal, at the top, once shut. How can I adjust the door to get it to seal, even if I can't stop the storage bin from hitting while shutting?:

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

Dripping Water in Freezer Side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two sides fridge from Kenmore Elite collection, model #106.6896*700, 5897*700, I've been hearing and seeing water dripping in freezer side for a while now, water is dripping in the lower portion behind the wire drawer, our Fridge is only 6 month old, so is that normal? It seems like it's...

View more questions Search