Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wanderinmlnd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 09:59 PM
    2003 Honda Accord Navi/Radio Code problems
    I needed to replace a headlight and took it to the shop where they removed my battery. I know that my system needed to be reset with the code. My card has 4 sets of #'s. There is a 4 digit code and a serial #, and ANOTHER 4 digit code and serial # below it.

When prompted for the code I entered the first 4 listed, "invalid pin." So I entered the second set of 4 digits and it was accepted. My navigation screen comes on, my A/C controls work- but my radio doesn't. Nothing happens with I hit "audio" and the steering controls do nothing. The infor screen where my clock usually is and my radio station or CD says "CODE" but there is no where for me to enter it. The navi is working and if I shut the car off it doesn't not ask for another code. I have re-disconnected my battery- let it sit for a bit and reconnnected and started my car- my navi STILL workings (without re-entering the code) and the radio still does not.

Honda wants to charge me to come in in 4 days... but I move in 2 in NC and cannot survive 10 hours in the car without music. I assume that there is a sequence for the radio code and navi code... but I'm not sure how to get it to promt me again!
    Lustyo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 07:41 PM
    This is the same problem I am having with my 2004 Honda Accord. Please can anyone help because I am desperate at this moment for my CD to work
    taelin Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Hi, were you ever able to resolve this? I'm having the same problem as well.
    annef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Hello all
    I am having the same problemn also, exactly:

I have a 2006 Honda accord with a GPS system. I left an interior light on, and the battery died. I finally found my radio code card- two sets of codes! 4 digits each. I enter the first code several times, and get an incorrect PIN message.

I finally enter the navigation system code, and that works, but not audio at all, and no way to enter the code. I disconnect the battery, tried the whole thing again, and still the audio code does no work. So now I am going to have to take time off work to take this car into the dealer for what appears to be a total honda design flaw.

I will post here the results of what happens- wow this is frustrating!

Aug 22, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Hi, I was able to resolve the problem a few days ago.

When you turn on the car it will ask for a code. Put in your NAV system code.

Once it accepts, press the left dial to turn on your radio.

Look up at the LED display where your clock is... notice it will now say CODE.

Twist the knob, I forget if it is the left or right knob... and you'll see numbers move from 0-9... twist the knob to the number you need, press the knob in and then it will move to the next digit... do this to put in the 4 digit code for the radio.

I hope this helps!
    randytravis13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Hello everyone! I am having the same issues with my 2004 Accord with Navi. I am not the original owner and there are no codes that were left for me, nor was there a sticker in the glove box like there should be. I replaced my headlight by taking out the battery, which is a horrible design issue that honda has introduced, but whatever right?
    Anyway, to my surprise, I had to enter codes in order to get my GPS and radio working again. I did a little research online and discovered how to find the serial numbers for the Navi and the radio, entered those numbers as well as my VIN at honda.com and received my codes for both systems. The navi code worked fine with the four digit code I was given, but the FIVE digit code for the radio does not work. When I get to the fourth digit it gives me an error 1 message... error 2 message and so on each time I enter it. You get 10 tries before it locks you out again for an hour, or until you disconnect the battery or take out the radio fuse for a minute or two.
    I called honda and received no help other than what I already knew, and was subsequently told to go to a honda dealer. I just took it there today and was told that this has happened a couple of times but they will have to check out their "tech books" and get back to me on the problem. AKA-it was 4:30 and they wanted to go home, which I can understand. Anyway, without rambling on and on forever, does anybody have any suggestions for me if they have the same issue? I appreciate any help anyone can give because I am going nuts without my music!

Aug 29, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Randy,

It should be a 4 digit code, not 5.

I remember reading that Honda has a website where you can get your code if you put your VIN nunber in... I think I found it:

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Aug 29, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Yep that's the place that I got the five digit code from. I thought it was only four digits since it gave me the error message after entering only four numbers. When I went into my honda dealer today, the mechanic man looked up the same serial numbers with my vin and he got the same five digit code that I got from the honda website. I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow when the service guys at the honda dealer consult with their tech manual and hopefully give me a call back. Thanks for the reply! Very cool of you.
    Accord03Driver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 08:17 PM
    I have a 2003 Accord, had the same problem and came across this site. I went to the website posed by Taelin. I was able to get the 4 digit for the Nav, but not for the radio. I entered the right number in and it kept telling me it was wrong and finally locked me out after three tries. I found an easier solution though.

On the glove box, there are 2 stickers, one is for the radio, the other is for the nav. You can compare the full serial code of the nav in the trunk to the sticker on the glove box. That way you know which sticker belongs to which piece of equipment.

The 4 digit number on the sticker is the code. You do not even need to go to the website. Just look at the sticker, find the small number and there is your code.

Sep 15, 2008, 08:30 PM
    For my car, it was included in the car manual. They recommended that we don't put it in the glove compartment because the codes were supposed to be a theft deterrent.

Sep 15, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Thank you both for your responses, I appreciate the help. I actually already looked for the stickers in the glove box, but they must have been removed. I tried everything that I could so far, even before I called honda and they told me what I've already found out.
    Just curious, have you guys had crappy service at your honda dealers too? I've taken my car to Brian Bemis Honda in Sycamore, Illinois three maybe four different occasions for this problem and each time they said they had to check the stupid tech book, and oh they'll call me back when they find out. Then I would go back in the next day or the day after and they would make some bull garbage up like how Honda didn't make the radio and that it was made by Alpine and I need to call them. NO WAY! Honda doesn't make their own radio, really? What a dope. I asked for the number but he didn't have it, even though the guy just told me he had to send a radio in to Alpine two weeks prior. I called Alpine and the guy told me that they don't deal with that kind of stuff and that the Honda dealer has to fix it. I went back in and the same dude told me "oh, well you're gonna have to pull out the radio yourself and send it in to Alpine!"! Really, what kind of fool is this guy?
    Anyway, just wonderin' what kind of garbage everyone else is experiencing with their dealer. I want to email Honda directly, but they have no email contact, just an address to send mail. Thanks again for the comments! Keep them coming if anyone can think of anything else.
    Cheers
    KOLEDOYE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 12:00 PM
    I just bought used 2003 honda accord.and the navigation system is not working,plesae kindly help me out.
    itisallgood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 09:34 PM
    I went to the website "https://radio-navicode.honda.com/" and followed the instructions... VIN #, phone number and zip code, radio serial number (which was an 8 digit number on a small white sticker on the side of the glove box) and I got an automatic response with my 5 digit code to unlock my stereo system. I just turned my car on, pressed the 5 digit sequence on the preset numbers below the screen and I have my tunes again! Hope the same works for you!
    hellmerj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 10:38 AM
    Hi, I was able to resolve the problem a few days ago.

When you turn on the car it will ask for a code. Put in your NAV system code.

Once it accepts, press the left dial to turn on your radio.

Look up at the LED display where your clock is... notice it will now say CODE.

Twist the knob, I forget if it is the left or right knob... and you'll see numbers move from 0-9... twist the knob to the number you need, press the knob in and then it will move to the next digit... do this to put in the 4 digit code for the radio.

I hope this helps!
    ------------------------------------------------------

This is the best answer to the problem, I had gotten the Navi code to work but was locked out of the radio. I unhooked the battery for 1 minuet and followed the instructions above. Thanks so much for posting this!
    LeanJon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 07:50 AM
    I had the same problem and have posted the instructions for everyone on the web on how to get your codes if you've lost them.

http://leanforeveryone.typepad.com/lean_for_everyone/2010/04/how-to-retrieve-your-audio-and-navigation-system-codes-2004-honda-accord-with-navigation-system.html
    RealSlim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Hello Everyone:
    Well, I have tried everything to solve this problem. Finally I called the 1-800-999-1009 for asst. The nice lady told me that the radio code is a 5 digit code (not 4!! - be careful because the info on the net is confusing, and many people say is 4 other will otherwise). How to get all serial and code numbers is not the problem I found out. I am going to follow these steps suggested by the Honda Rep at the 800 number above.
    You DO need to call them or use the web page above to retrieve the 5 digit code, for me was best to actually hear someone.
    In both situations you will need you VIN, ZIP, and Phone Number (security reasons)

1- Turn your ignition key to position 2 (half way, or also called "accessory position")
    2- Turn radio power ON
    Leave your vehicle in this setting for ONE FULL HOUR (I was freaking out 'cause we just changed the battery, which caused all this nightmare, the lady said it WILL NOT juice out your battery, so all I can do is trust her)

(This is the setting and the time that your vehicle requires to reset itself and for the 5 digit code to work)
    Follow as next: (ignition on position 2 still)

3- Turn radio OFF
    4- Enter your 5 digit code on the console using the right hand side radio knob and pressing the set of numbers accordingly
    5- Turn your radio back ON

You should have your audio controls back after doing this set of steps.
    The lady Rep PROMISED me this is the right way to do it, so I am very confident it will work when I do it to our 2003 Honda Accord, we cannot be without music any longer!. I will give you the good news later.
    kampala Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 09:42 AM
    Hi the problem with my 2003 accord with navi is that after 3mins the screen locks and then I am not able to use the touch screen,I really don't know how to unlock it,if I then pack the car for like an hour or two,the screen unlocks but locks again after 3mins,does any one have a solution for me please
    schnfrdr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Sme thing no radio but nav. Works with no sound. I have to sets of code numbers to one for nav. And one for radio . I tried everything by following the book etc.
    AAJAYIA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Please I av two set of numbers in the glove compartment, one Ȋ̝̊̅§ a four digit(radio code) and the other Ȋ̝̊̅§ an eleven alphanumeric combination.Ȋ̝̊̅§ this a navi. Code?
    AAJAYIA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Hello all,
    Please I av a similar problem.
    I av bn able to resolve the radio issue but the navi. Ȋ̝̊̅§ still pending.I av another an eleven alphanumeric combination in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ glove compartment.cloud this be the navi. Code?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C problems on 2003 Honda Accord [ 21 Answers ]

The a/c on my 2003 honda accord will all of a sudden stop blowing cold air. I already had the filter changed thinking that was the problem. The mechanic is having a hard time figuring out what is wrong with it because everything checks out good but seems to think it could be a sensor or...

2003 Honda Accord Radio [ 2 Answers ]

How do you set the clock on 2003 h0nda Accord with the 6 disc CD changer/radio?

2003 Honda Accord Radio Lights Go Off [ 5 Answers ]

For those who have had the same problem, the radio lights go out, what is the fix for this. The fuses are all OK. Thanks for your help.

2003 Honda Accord Radio [ 2 Answers ]

Radio works but cannot see display.

View more questions Search