Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    essuo Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 08:50 AM
    ACURA INTEGRA power window problem
    I have a 2000 Acura Integra 4d, with power window problem. Most of the time the front driver's side window will not work. But sometimes it does. It will go down and will get stuck where ever I stopped it, or will go all the way up. On the way up I can not control it. My question is is this the motor, the switch , or something else? All other three windows work fine.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2010, 05:05 PM

Try spraying the control button with WD-40. If the problem persists, you'll likely have to remove the door panel and check things out. Normally, the lift assembly needs replacing; however, check connections first.
    essuo Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Try spraying the control button with WD-40. If the problem persists, you'll likely have to remove the door panel and check things out. Normally, the lift assembly needs replacing; however, check connections first.
    Thanks, I will try that.
    integra_gs_R Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 03:57 AM
    Hey I would see if the window regulator is okay. My integra is an older model and it's a scissor style set up. You may have a cable setup instead. Check to see if the cables are frayed.also check to see if your tracks are lubricated. If you never replaced the regulator I bet you it is the regulator and a cable went out of whack on it. That will be a dealer item and don't get a used one. Do it right the first time and you won't have a headache with it again. And don't use wd40 on the switch. It's a lubricant and can cause a short. Use electrical cleaner. You can get it at most auto shops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 acura integra [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have another question for you. I have a 1991 Acura Integra with a idling problem. I've check the vacuum lines they were all good and I've also change my idle air control valve three times to make sure that wasn't the problem. I put another engine in the car but the person I bought the car off...

1991 Acura Integra [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all My nephew has a 1991 Acura Integra. My parents have replaced the engine, the distributor, wiper motor. When attempting to start the car and it runs through its checks IF the engine light stays on it won't start. You have to "feather" the accelerator to get it to 2000 rpms before it...

View more questions Search