Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanhart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Washing machine odor
    My whirlpool duet washer has a terrible odor coming out of it. I have read about other people who have a similar problem. Is there any way to physically clean the machine? I have read about mold and fly problems and I'm afraid that I am about to experience the same thing.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Dec 3, 2007, 05:52 PM
    I have had this problem and what I found that works is run a cycle with white vinegar every so many cycles.I think what happens is some water gets stuck in the washing machine drum an stays there and gets sort of a rotund stagnant smell. The vinegar will get rid of that smell and wash out your drum at the same time, you can also do this in your dishwasher to clean it up and make it smell good also.
    exponent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Smelly Washer Cleaner is a completely organic powder that is used to clear fungus from any clothes washer. It works by disallowing cohesive properties between organic and synthetic compounds. The cleaner is used by adding a small amount (1 tablespoon normally suffices) to a hot setting in your washer and allowing it to complete the cycle.
    In order to remove fungus spores from towels and clothing use just one teaspoon of cleaner instead of detergent. Rinse and dry as normal.
    This product is super simple and works great! Find it at Washing Machine Cleaner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Tank Odor Outside When Washing Machine Drains [ 1 Answers ]

When my washer drains, the water flows into my septic tank. Immediately, septic odor comes from the septic tank area outside (not from the washer, not inside the house). I suspect that the volume of water is displacing some stinky gas and it is not escaping where it should. Where should that gas...

Sewage odor from washing machine drain [ 2 Answers ]

Our house was built in 1997. We bought it in 2001 in the winter. There is a problem with sewage odor coming from the washing machine drain in the laudry room when the weather is warm. A couple of years ago we had the septic tank checked and waste water lines extended (I'm not sure if that's what...

Sewer odor after using washing machine [ 9 Answers ]

We started having problems with sewer odor in our conjoined bathroom/laundry room after using the washing machine. The plumber who came out to help didn't see any problems, but recommended my husband start pulling insulation off the drain pipes to look for a crack. We live in AK and it is 20 below...

Washing machine odor [ 1 Answers ]

We had a new septic system installed about 2 years ago. We had the tank pumped out in the spring and now we get an odor of sewage from the washing machine. The water does not smell. The odor only comes when my wife uses the washer. Could you please advise what could be causing it. I opened up...

Sewer odor from kitchen sink when washing machine discharges [ 1 Answers ]

Here goes... When the washing machine discharges water, I get a strong sewer smell from the kitchen sink. 1. Washing machine is located in the basement and empties into a utility sink. 2. Both kitchen sink drain and utility sink drain enter into the same cast iron pipe located in the concrete...

View more questions Search