Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robert Smith Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 03:56 PM
    Rights in Viewing Will/Living Trust
    I have a friend (female) that was living with a guy for over a year and between them they had a child. The guy found out that he had cancer so he assured my friend that he would make sure that there was a fund set aside for his daughter. The guy died a week ago. There was no mention in the obituary that he had a daughter and when we attended the funeral, there was no mention of a daughter. His sister is supposedly executor of his will/living trust. My friend is pretty sure that some type of living trust was put together and was notorized but she doesn't think it was recorded at the court house. My question is how does my friend find out if her daughter was mentioned in the will/living trust? Please reply she needs help. Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2005, 03:31 AM
    If it's a living trust, then the details are not recorded publicly.

Contact your local courthouse to ask if there was a will probated. If there was, ask them the procedure to see it.

Is your friend on speaking terms with the sister? If so, I suggest she go to her about it.

If the family is uncooperative - and there is no will - then I fear your friends only option is to seek legal advice as to whether it's pursueable or not.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Smith
    I have a friend (female) that was living with a guy for over a year and between them they had a child. The guy found out that he had cancer so he assured my friend that he would make sure that there was a fund set aside for his daughter. The guy died a week ago. There was no mention in the obituary that he had a daughter and when we attended the funeral, there was no mention of a daughter. His sister is supposedly executor of his will/living trust. My friend is pretty sure that some type of living trust was put together and was notorized but she doesn't think it was recorded at the court house. My question is how does my friend find out if her daughter was mentioned in the will/living trust? Please reply she needs help. Thanks

If your friend thinks the trust was put together and notarized she must have some idea who the Attorney was - ask the Attorney.

Was the sister Executor of the Will or did she just take over?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Viewing HTML as it appears online [ 6 Answers ]

Does anybody know a website where I can enter an HTML code and then check how it would appear online? Like, in Dreamweaver, you press F12 and it converts it all into how it would look online. Am I able to do this in Microsoft Word, or is there a webpage where I can enter HTML code, and it'll...

Page distorted when viewing in Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

The page: www.stgabrielradio.com In IE it's fine, but in FF the graphic at the bottom of the page has a tweak on it - at the left. How do I fix it? ... and how do I avoid things like this in the future? Thanks!

Viewing spreadsheets in different views [ 7 Answers ]

I am an intermediate level MS Excel user. I often use my spreadsheet and would like to see different views at the click of a button. By this, lets say I have columns A through Z. I know I can manually MOVE, say columns C, G, L, and P to be the first 4 columns, into position A,B,C,D. And I can...

Viewing digital photos on TV [ 2 Answers ]

I want to show my digital photos on TV. Should I get the Microsoft floppy disc viewer or run the TV direct from the computer. I gather the socket is next to that of the monitor / I have two a phono and a multipin job. How would I configure it_ I don-t want to get a CD burner right now ...

View more questions Search